Drive belt - Bench/t drill press.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I bought a drill press from the car boot. Drive belt stretched.
The make of drill is Nu-tool. I looked on the web, but no can find. I searched name and model number.

Can anyone tell me how to size up for a new v-belt, and where to get one from?

Many thanks.

I picked up one for my compressor from the local motor spares shop.
You need to be there when they are not busy and the chap has time to look at the lengths they have instead of a car model.

Thanks for the link Tony, but on there parts form they say:

"We are unable to assist with enquiries for the following manufacturers:
Delta, Rexon, Powercraft, Powerperformance, Blackspur, Nutool and cress.

Dave, good idea. I'LL take a trip to my local car accessory shop and have a looksee.

Thank you both for your help.

(hammer) hello, this is a very belated reply, but for anyone looking for a nutool ch10 drive belt go to BELTSONLINE and order a Z30 classic "v" belt , that will fit AND WORK

As said, Halfords or some other Motor factors will often have a belt the right size.

J-PENNY":2gol44el said:
(hammer) hello, this is a very belated reply, but for anyone looking for a nutool ch10 drive belt go to BELTSONLINE and order a Z30 classic "v" belt , that will fit AND WORK
I found this post after various google searches - you've saved my life (well not exactly but I'm very happy)!!!

The website is Belting Online

The belt is around £1, very cheap.

Thanks for posting this (I registered on this site to post this).

I appreciate this topic is a bit old but I was recently trying to find a replacement for a failing drive belt for a older style Nu Tool CH10 pillar drill and this forum was as close as I got to an answer.

I have located a suitable replacement. I bought mine from ebay, but it's a standard 'V' belt size available from lots of outlets.

I bought a Z27, which is a 27" belt (686mm) with a belt width of 10mm at the top and 6mm at the bottom of the 'V'. It's also toothless as the original was so I don't know if the presence of teeth on a belt makes any difference. This is a snug fit and was the second belt I bought after the Z26 was obviously too short. When fitted with a Z27 the motor is located very much towards the start of it's adjustable distance, so maybe consider a Z28 as well.

Initially, when I first started the drill up after fitting it I could see the drive wheel tearing into the new belt. This wasn't due to an incorrectly sized belt, it turns out that the motor had dropped about 5mm on its 4 mounting bolts and needed relocating back upwards and tightening up (use a straight edge to measure the level between the drive wheels and the chuck wheels). Once re-aligned it works like a dream.

I hope this is useful for people.

Mike.

Thanks for the update. I also have a Nutool CH10 so this post will be very useful if I find myself needing a replacement belt at some time in the future.

Back