Dressing Room

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Having been absent for a few months, I have a hat full of projects.

How about this one,
photos1117bh4.jpg

Push to open shoe drawers and doors, needs carpet and mirrors fitting where you can just see white paint.

No Dom, I only found out about the blum servo's last week, think they are released in the next week or two, unless you know different.
I think they will be very expensive, but they should be fairly popular, apparantly they are fairly simple to install need an electrician to set up the main electrics and then you can connect each drawer without part P.

I have to say what stands out to me, is that nothing stands out! how do you do it to that standard? the main piece in front is impressive all square and in line but the pieces to the right which don't have the same perspective are also in line in the amount they are proud from their carcasses.
You know... I think if you were to stick at it, you could probably do this for a living.

Alan

That looks really nice Senior. What is it made of and what finish have you applied? Come on give us all the details I am chewing at the bit now. :D

Its all MR MDF, its the only MDF I use, hate the fluffy stuff.
Finish is a matt PU paint, started to use this a lot as there is no after smell and has a bit more flexibility than a/c.
Just got to remember to clean the pots and pipes or its goodbye to a grands worth of spray equipment

Very stark - very nice. Befitting for a hollywood home I feel. Do you do all the finishing yourself? How long does it take to spray that amount of material?

Nice , is there a rad under the window thats getting vented or something else ?

Bob,
Please tell us more about the "push to open drawer". How much pressure do they need. Won't a knock from a vacuum cleaner cause them to open.
Or are they too far off the floor to get knocked?

I suggested in another thread such a system could be used to make a secret drawer in a cabinet plinth.

Andy

looks very nice. I take it the runners you used are the new blum touch latch ones? got a few pairs of them to use on a unit for meself, thought they would be quite cheap!! ohh dear.... cought out on that one!

what colour are the units, i do like that very much, is a mixed pu or off the shelf? looks like a farrow and ball colour?

orangetlh":gw1dcyet said:
I take it the runners you used are the new blum touch latch ones?

Do you mean the servo touch ones or are there others that are not electrical?

Cheers

Tim

The runners are hettich, with a buffer fitted to the back of the drawer.
The colour is a mushroom, but only given a code, give this to morrells and they match it.
PU paint is a bit of a pain, it has a pot life of about 2 hours, so you have to mix the correct amount, also needs a filtered air mask as the paint contains cyanide or is it arsenic, its not as tough as a/c but is more flexible so if you think there is going to be movement in your frames it's a good alternative. Most people wouldn't notice but the finish is better with PU.
We do all our own finishing plus we finish for a few other makers in the area. We occasionally contract out our high gloss finishing, due to the fact that the workshop has to stop whilst spraying, zero dust.
I haven't tried the blum push to opens but intend to try them.

JFC- the vents you can see are to allow air to circulate around the "automatic underpants cooler" :lol: :lol:

apologies if this is a stupid question but MR MDF? What's the MR bit?

Very nice work BTW - I'd be more than happy with anything close to that.

JimJam":7x13nv8p said:
apologies if this is a stupid question but MR MDF? What's the MR bit?
Its only a stupid question if you don't ask it and sit about wondering what it is.

Moisture Resistant, has a green colour to the core.

Latest posts

Back