draper-22791-405mm-90w-230v advice?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO Draper is a bit like Clarke, there are better tools available. A better approach is to look on ebay, you could get a Hegner Multicut 1 for less, which would be a much better tool.

Hutzul":3fu6dbo3 said:
Any advice welcome
Read through the posts on this forum about what people look for in buying a new scroll saw. £120 (or thereabouts) is a lot of money and you could be purchasing a Chaiwanese saw that has a great specification but which very few scrollers here actually own and use. With that sort of money you might make a killing online at an auction site bidding for a second-hand Delta, a Diamond or even a Hegner, especially if you buy one "collection only".

Oh, and Diamonds also have a flexible drive shaft.

Oh, and you'll probably never use it. I've never used mine :) .

Cheers Gill n Roy advice is noted, thank you.

I have read through lots of posts on this site, some posts are many years old, so I question their validity as product quality can change imo.

to be fair a machine like this will do cuts ok , the problem is the blade changing will frustrate the hell out of you , 390 for a new base model hegner if you can strech to that but dont make the mistake i made buying a cheaper one and then having to get the real mccoy, you can find hegners on ebay but be careful as someone on here brought a hegner that needed repairing but there are some good ones on there if you lucky

mark

Back