Dragon Saws - gone in to receivership....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iajon69

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure how to start this, but Dragon Saws are no more.

We’ve had an insolvency manager in and have had to stop trading.

I would like to thank everyone from the forum for the support that we’ve received and I’ve been very lucky to write to and to meet some great people through Dragon Saws and this forum.
Quite a lot have become friends as well as customers and as upset as I am at the moment, I really do appreciate all the support that we’ve had.

It’s a shame as the bandsaw side of the business was going really well but some of our customers from the sharpening side of the business went through and that knocked us for six.
If we’d have had a bit more support from the bank then things could have been different but they obviously have bigger problems than small businesses.

We are not 100% sure what the future holds, but we are hoping to put something together in the near future that will mean that we are still able to supply bandsaws, albeit with less choice to start with,
Any news on a new venture will be posted here and even though my works email will be going shortly, I can still be contacted through the forum and if anyone wants my personal email address then just pm me.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone from the forum that have had bandsaws from us in the past, it really has been a pleasure and hopefully I will be able to deal with you all again in the future.

Ian

This is a tragedy Ian, Dragon saws will be very very sorely missed.

I was going to contact you tomorrow as well for a new blade.

regards

Brian

Sorry to here the news Ian, your helpful advice and supply service has been much appreciated, heres hoping you can get back into trading before my stock of blades runs out.

Hope to here better news soon.

I know I am not alone in stating how sad this news is Ian. I have used Dragon a lot in the past and have been very happy with the service and the products as a lot of the other guys on here have. I do hope that something arises for the future for you and will certainly miss the service you provided to us woodworkers. :cry:

I think this is going to be a long and painful thread and there will be plenty here that are going to be pretty sad of this news, I for one really wish you hope for the coming future. :cry:

Ian, that is terrible news for you guys, and also for us on here. This is typical of the current economic state and how the country isn't helping smaller outfits like yourselves.

I am very saddened by this news and wish you all the best for the future and hope your new venture gets the backing you deserve.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Mark

I was just about to place an order, please let us know if you get something else going. Good luck for the future.

Ian, that's very sad news indeed.

Have always found you extremely helpful and knowledgable and your customer service really couldn't have been better.

I'm afraid the banks are/have been closing funding lines and overdrafts all over the place, totally indiscriminately often, and it's sad to see small businesses have to fold in these difficult times.

If and when you can start up the bandsaw side again I'll look forwards to doing business with you again.

All the best,

Cheers, Paul

Sorry to hear that Ian, good luck with settings up a new venture!

I dont believe it :twisted:

I decent firm to deal with , let down by the bloody banks :twisted:

Ian please try and keep going if you can

Us woody s need a good blade supplier

:?

Thanks everyone - wasn't expecting so many replies so fast!

After working for Dragon Saws for almost 15 years and actually loving my job, it was a hell of a shock when this happened but luckily my missus has been a rock, even though she thinks now that I've got more time on my hands that I can start doing all the housework :shock:

I'm in limbo a bit at the moment as we are still waiting to find out all the information and what we have to do etc

Thanks again for all the kind comments and hopefully when the dust has settled a bit, then we will have a better idea of what the future holds!

Ian

Thats bad news Ian; It can't be an easy time to be running a business.

Hope you get something new underway in due course.

Regards, Ed

Really sorry to hear this news.

I hope you get something sorted soon.

Thanks for the great service I received fron Dragon.

Best wishes.

Ian,

Just want to add my best wishes, good luck for the future, hope you get set-up soon

Paul

Back