Doweller, Dowel Joiner, Dowel Jointer?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.JB.89

Reaction score
I'm finding it rather frustrating that it seems there is only one option on the market for a somewhat reasonable price when it comes to a doweller (that's the name I've chosen to stick with), and that's the Triton TDJ600. I'm curious to know if anybody is aware of some other mysterious name these devices go by in order to help me find something either less expensive (even £135 seems steep when compared to a decent biscuit jointer at £45) or something by a more reputable brand that isn't quite as much as £700? Maybe somewhere in the middle? Or, if anybody would care to share some advice on whether I should scrap the idea of buying a doweller and just get myself a jig and do my hole-boring with that and my drill!

Any advice, as usual, is greatly appreciated!

Is there a specific application or project you have in mind?

For carcases biscuits are usually the easiest.

Dowel jigs may be just as quick as a doweller, depending on what you want to do

I have a dowel jointer. I think it's by Performance Power or something equally forgettable. I got it second hand on eBay for about £20. I think it's great. Very fast to join pieces edge to edge or for butt joins. Not tried much else.

Unfortunately one of the bits is blunt and I can't find replacements :-(

Latest posts

Back