dovetail chisels.... whos got them

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
graween":1q0ub4gw said:
Maybe for the same price, you can get two sizes of fishtail and it might do the trick for all sizes. In that case Fishtail chisel might be a better option.

I think fishtails have a much shorter life, since the EFFECTIVE blade length is rather short, and will shorten each time your sharpen.

BugBear

I share your concern about the fishtails BB, every time you hone you're getting a smaller edge and they'll last much less longer.

I got a set of 2 cherries chisels as my first quality set plus their skew chisels. The skews were very good for cleaning out the cuts but the square shoulders on the others meant they were next to useless for the majority of DT work.

Luckily it was my birthday the end of last month and I decided that I'd get a set of the AI chisels (the 4 straight ones as I have skews). Out the wrapping they seem very good though I've not had chance to give them an outing yet due to work, holiday and illness in that order

Ironballs":2b9wfctx said:
I share your concern about the fishtails BB, every time you hone you're getting a smaller edge and they'll last much less longer.

I got a set of 2 cherries chisels as my first quality set plus their skew chisels. The skews were very good for cleaning out the cuts but the square shoulders on the others meant they were next to useless for the majority of DT work.

Luckily it was my birthday the end of last month and I decided that I'd get a set of the AI chisels (the 4 straight ones as I have skews). Out the wrapping they seem very good though I've not had chance to give them an outing yet due to work, holiday and illness in that order

i order a set of these came yesterday, there very good i think, feel nice to use

Latest posts

Back