Dorset hardwood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulK

Reaction score
Spent a frustrating couple of days trying to source some hardwood for the fence assembly for the router/saw table I am hoping to build over Easter.

Can't find hardwood any where in or around Poole, can get the softwood and sheets of ply & mdf no problem, but no hardwood!

Does anyone know of a hardwood supplier in, or close to, Dorset? or is mail order a better option?

I have found WLWest in Petworth and Good Timber in Northamptonshire as potential mail order candidates, any one know of these or are there better merchants about?

Sorry for so many questions but I am going mad here, woodworking without wood isn't much fun.

Paul K.

Hi Paul
Living in Poole myself, I have also experienced the pain of trying to obtain hardwoods. Good news though-there are at least two places fairly local.
Totton timber (in Southampton) are very useful. They carry a fair bit of hardwoods in rough and planed. They will also order in anything you want.
Yandles (in Martock, Yeovil way) have plenty of hardwoods (being a working sawmill).
A google search will give you their websites, phone numbers, etc.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

Back