Dormer Drill Bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norfolk75

Established Member
Reaction score
Are these that good & does the price reflect the quality & are these any different to any other decent branded makers. In other words how would these match up to others.

Cheers

Buying Dormer is not quite the guarantee of excellence that it used to be, they put their name to some slightly lesser quality tools these days, but it's still a guarantee that the drill bit won't be made of cheese, as a lot of unbranded Chinese bits (and other tools) are these days. Worth paying the extra for in my book.

I have a similar set to this -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ruko-Piece-Dri ... ll+bit+set
Financially it's the best thing I ever bought. Once ina while I sit with a vernier or a mic. and sort all the loose ones and put them away. All the odd ones I've collected over the time have ended up in it, and there are more in it now than when new. (15 years) I have replaced 6mms and 3mms in all that time, I don't see the point in paying premium prices for sizes that are used once in a blue moon (and not in an engineering environment).
Dormer are extremely good, as I have always found Presto. From what I gather the ones I used as an example are quite well rated.

phil.p":188i4ukh said:
I have a similar set to this -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ruko-Piece-Dri ... ll+bit+set
Financially it's the best thing I ever bought. Once ina while I sit with a vernier or a mic. and sort all the loose ones and put them away. All the odd ones I've collected over the time have ended up in it, and there are more in it now than when new. (15 years) I have replaced 6mms and 3mms in all that time, I don't see the point in paying premium prices for sizes that are used once in a blue moon (and not in an engineering environment).
Dormer are extremely good, as I have always found Presto. From what I gather the ones I used as an example are quite well rated.

Thanks Guys.

Presto was another one I looked at.

We use Reca bits at work - they work out cheaper than dormer and they last better. Had a lot of trouble with small dormers snapping and shattering.

I used to buy most of my drill bits from engineers suppliers and the bits were normally either Dormer or Presto. The prices at the time seemed very reasonable.

Back