Doormaster professional

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HowardM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been googling about for info about fitting the yale doormaster pro into a timber door. There is plenty of info about replacement, none about working from scratch. I am hoping someone can point me to some dimensional info. Don't want to buy the lock just now, empty wallet.

Thx

I'm not familiar with that particular lock but all the locks I've fitted have come with instructions and normally templates.

I fitted one in a new oak front door I'm making for myself. I routed a 22mm wide groove about 4 mm deep in centre of the stile and a slightly narrower groove 8 mm deeper. I just aligned the bar with its top and bottom extensions to the stile 920mm from bottom of door to the spindle turn to get position of the mortises for the deadbolt lock and the top and bottom shoot bolts

Thanks folks,
Usually I can find a pdf of instructions, in support on the relevant website, I'll try other avenues.

Thx

Thats a multipoint lock really made for upvc.

You may try:
http://www.questhardware.co.uk/architec ... ckset.html

This is better suited to a timber application. Straight shoot bolts not hook allow more timber movement and 45mm backset is usual for timber. It comes with keeps but they are not very good, quest supply alternative centre and deadbolt keeps which are much better.

Fitting to a door is not that hard, start with the mortices, marked from the lock itself, then run a euro groove up the door.

Latest posts

Back