Don't You Hate it When That Happens

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
For the last few days I have been making a washhand basin stand for the shower room I'm in the process of installing upstairs.

Yesterday I obviously worked too long because I started making mistakes, so this morning I thought, good I'm on my own so I can really concentrate and get this right.

Things were really progressing well, I'd taken it all to pieces and rectified the faults, very pleased with myself, its always good when things do go right.

Towards the end of the morning, still working on some tricky bits, so disturbance is not an option. Blow me if a green van doesn't arrive outside my drive. I'd been waiting for the odd thing to arrive, but what a time to appear.

Now I had to stop work and undo the parcel, bit of a blow but someones got to do it. Inside I found this thing from Germany, some sort of festool gadget.

Any way after unpacking I had to sit and decide where to put it, the one its replacing sat in Bessey corner, so I thought I'd put this one in the same place for the time being.

Just thought I'd add a couple of pic's just in case anyones interested.

Tony-Woodwork-004.jpg

Tony-Woodwork-003.jpg

I did have a little play, but I'll do a full review if people are interested towards the end of the week.

Hi Waka

Wow, it looks impressive.

Waka":2qaf1g1b said:
I did have a little play, but I'll do a full review if people are interested towards the end of the week.

Yes please. I'm really interested in your impression of the extraction. Is it as good as the one you tested at Ally Pally?

Cheers
Neil

Don't You Hate it When That Happens

dunno that sort of thing never happens to me :lol:

As for plonking it down in
bessey corner
Have you no shame :lol:

Good on yer and looking forward to the review.

How about a few shots of the basin stand?

Andy

I'm more interested in the cabinet the 'green thing from germany' is sitting on! ;)

Going to build one similar.... one day!

........and what about the wash basin stand....... :? :? Get your priorities right, Waka :lol: :lol:

Hope you enjoy your new toy :wink:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Yes Lurker my thoughts exactly, still no doubt because:-
Wakas green thingy probably cuts to within 10 thou (Mine doesn't)
Wakas green thingy probably doesn't make much noise (Mine does)
Wakas green thingy will probably last a lifetime (Mine definitely won't)

So now I'm a green thingy :lol: :lol:

absolutely disguting gloat - down right filthy and plain wrong. Lovely tool though, would be interested in a full review when you get the chance!

You swine! :lol:

lurker":207fcxhm said:
I bow down to the grand master mega gloater

Bessey corner :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that the German origins of the F'tool warrants the term "Gloatmeister".

Waka

Do the distributors of Bessey clamps know that you've gained access to their central warehouse and are using it as a workshop?!

Regards.

Hi Waka

I would love to see a review ASAP. I have had a look at it several times at my local Festool dealer. There are so many good design features, in particular, I like the fact that the twin guide rails don't protrude at the rear.

Regards

TheDudester

TheDudester":21dyywn5 said:
There are so many good design features, in particular, I like the fact that the twin guide rails don't protrude at the rear.

Yes, I was really impressed by that as well.

Cheers
Neil

John,

Waka's method involves 80 Bessey cramps; so unless you are prepared to take out another mortgage, maybe you need to seek a more economic plan.

Guys

Thanks for the interest, I will do a review in a day or so, I'm off on me hols again at the end of the week (Lake District this time) so I'll do it before then.

Regarding the wash basin stand, its only a simple cabinet to stand it on, I'll post someying about that as well, I was goijng to wait until it was finished.

wizer":qxbj9ugu said:
I'm more interested in the cabinet the 'green thing from germany' is sitting on!

The cabinet has been put together with the Festoolin mind, so all will be revealed during the review.

Dear me........ :lol:
I can't believe how restrained that was. If I had the first Festool mitre saw available in the UK I would be making a big fuss or something...... :wink:
Congrats on a mega gloat, ya git.
Philly :D

Waka
If I understand correctly you're working away and it's not going well and call it quits for the night.

You resume the next and after fixing up the mistakes, you get back on track again.

You hear some noises outside and when you investigate, the Tool Fairy drops a big greeny at your feet and it throws you off for the rest of the day.

Yup! Happens all the time and I hate it too! Solved the problem by never answering the door.

Try it. You'll get a lot more projects done.

Very nice Waka, so the little panto the Festool blokes put on at Ally Pally paid off then... :)
Remember, when you try out all the little gizmos and clever bits you have to affect a slightly Allo Allo-ish German accent just like their salesman :lol:

(Very jealous Vormulac)

Back