Don't open if you disagree with turning wood with holes and

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
In the process of getting some photos done for the shop. This is the first of goodness knows how many I have to do. It is a piece of apple that was close to be OTT but it had so much potential I couldn't resist. The base is a piece of warped beech that has just been wire brushed then buffed showing the crazy graining. As I photograph more I'll stick 'em up if you wish.

UK workshop Rustic apple.jpg

UK workshop Rustic apple 2.jpg

UK workshop Rustic apple 4.jpg

Pete

Attachments

• UK workshop Rustic apple.jpg
    UK workshop Rustic apple.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 1,079
  • UK workshop Rustic apple 2.jpg
    UK workshop Rustic apple 2.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 1,079
  • UK workshop Rustic apple 4.jpg
    UK workshop Rustic apple 4.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 1,079
Looks like you are sliding back into your Rotten Turnings phase Pete.

Very 'Interior Designs' worthy.

I really like pieces of this genre. a perfectly turned piece of birch might have form but this has real character.

Thank you. I never really left it Chas, just became a little more refined. It now has status as Mark Sanger labelled it Wabi Sabi turning LOL.

Pete

Wabi Sabi or no Pete its nice stuff.
I prefer this style of turning, I go nuts with my tree surgeons when they only keep me the freshest nicest cleanest bits of wood. I have tried to explain and shown them whats possible but they just dont get it!!
Bless em I must not complain really I gets me wood for little bits and bobs here and there. dont know what I would do without them.

Keep it going Pete its the real McCoy.

Rend.

i like them very much , my main hobby is metal detecting and these remind me of broken vases that have been put back together

Latest posts

Back