Doll house room

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time is ticking on... it has to be ready for next Saturday so here's some updates..

Here's the lathe finished. ..I got my baby lathe out to do the spindle as I don't have anything to grip such small things on my bigger lathe. ...

Attachments

• 20140824_141123.jpg
    20140824_141123.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 656
Next was a sharpening station.... as suggested!

This again was turned on my baby lathe.
The guards are made from the long part of a rivit bent to an L shape with bits of old style picture hook glued to the ends... pushed into pilot holes on the grinder!

I also made a replica of my grinding jig......

Attachments

• 20140824_134447.jpg
    20140824_134447.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 655
  • 20140824_150726.jpg
    20140824_150726.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 655
I also made a couple of saw horses. ... mainly because I have a space to fill at the front of the room . The plan is to put a waney board on them being cut....

Attachments

• 20140824_182924.jpg
    20140824_182924.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 653
hi
this is absolutely brilliant ( its not something i would have had any interest in - and wouldn't have thought would interest me in the slightest, however your imagination and creativeness have made me want to see more of this - thank you)
thanks for sharing this with us and opening my eyes to something different for me.
cheers paul-c

paul-c":1mczkc2m said:
hi
this is absolutely brilliant ( its not something i would have had any interest in - and wouldn't have thought would interest me in the slightest, however your imagination and creativeness have made me want to see more of this - thank you)
thanks for sharing this with us and opening my eyes to something different for me.
cheers paul-c

Wow Thank you for such a lovely comment!!! ..... keep watching as I want to make the outside look like an old barn... so a little more to do yet!!! (And I'm already thinking of next years!)

Years ago a dear friend of ours asked me to make a stable for her nativity figures, she wanted it to be 'rough', I made it but I know she wasn't really happy with it, what I think she wanted is exactly what you have made here, it is truly outstanding, if our friend was still here (she died of cancer in her early 40s) I would have put you intouch with each other, well done you.

Baldhead

Edit: I've just reread my post, please dont think I meant your dolls house room is 'rough' :oops:

If I never start and maintain another thread on this forum. ... the posts replies I've had to this thread would keep me going forever!

A heart felt thank you!
I will admit I was slightly worried starting this thread as it's not the typical woodworking subject... but the positivity has been lovely.
Thank you again xx

...... more pictures tomorrow. .. mum's holiday snaps distracted me today!

Didn't get as much done as I hoped tonight... think panic is setting in now 3 evenings to finish it in!!.....

Tonight I made another little shelf. .. routed on the edges with a doll house router bit (purchased a long time ago)
This was for lathe blanks to sit on.

I also had to turn some different size blanks as had nothing about small enough. I done some bigger ones for under the lathe as well.

Attachments

• 20140826_213135.jpg
    20140826_213135.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 630
  • 20140826_213122-1.jpg
    20140826_213122-1.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 630
I wanted something on the bench that was in the process of being made and settled on a chair.
I wanted to make it a spindle chair but I just haven't got time to turn all the bits in miniture. So ive had to settle ob a chunkier style

I then made a clamp to attach to the chair.

Attachments

• 20140826_213045.jpg
    20140826_213045.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 627
Melinda_dd":2vdd9719 said:
Tonight I made another little shelf. .. routed on the edges with a doll house router bit (purchased a long time ago)
This was for lathe blanks to sit on.

I saw this late last night, thought the photos were just a bit out of focus and wondered why you were taking pictures of your lathe all of a sudden. Turned the PC on this morning and suddenly it all makes sense - top job!

Love it!

It makes other dolls houses look dull, as they don't have what is the most interesting and useful room in any house!

Will any lucky children get to play with it when it's finished?

AndyT":2wu7jxh5 said:
Love it!

It makes other dolls houses look dull, as they don't have what is the most interesting and useful room in any house!

Will any lucky children get to play with it when it's finished?

Play with it? PLAY WITH IT? It's not a toy, Andy, it's a work of art! Worthy of the Turner Gallery in Margate........

Latest posts

Back