Dogs - 30mm thick 190mm high in pine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toesy

Established Member
Reaction score
Was asked to create something from the size of a stamp, well a rubber stamp that was handcrafted in turkey, for a couple getting married. Who wanted to mark their invites with the dogs in their life.

So after a lot of discussion with the customer, who was very willing to help me, and vice versa, we ended up with the below made by me.

It is a very delicate piece, but its something a little different.

I hope they like it

Attachments

• Dogs LR FO.jpg
    Dogs LR FO.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 664
  • Dogs LR RO.jpg
    Dogs LR RO.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 664
I think it's great Toesy, really stylised. I know an avid dog lover (my mum) and I dread to think of all the elaborate commissions I would get if she saw this! Well done.
What kind and size of blade did you use for the depth and precision of this piece?

Very nice! If they are for a stamp would it be possible to glue a sheet of very thin rubber to the wood before you cut the design out and then you could use it on an ink pad? Probably not but i get these strange daft ideas buzzing around in my head all the time and now and again i need to release them lol and like i thought they are usually DAFT.
Cheers
Brian

Claymore":105xi6qt said:
Very nice! If they are for a stamp would it be possible to glue a sheet of very thin rubber to the wood before you cut the design out and then you could use it on an ink pad? Probably not but i get these strange daft ideas buzzing around in my head all the time and now and again i need to release them lol and like i thought they are usually DAFT.
Cheers
Brian

Hi Brian.
No need for rubber as woodblock printing has been done for yonks LOL !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodblock_printing

Stooby no #7 Olson PGT Blades

The idea came from a handmade stamps, which I then copied and increased in size, printed and then cut out what you see.

my post does say " create something from the size of a stamp "

Latest posts

Back