Does anyone own one of these?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuffimade

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own one of these?

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-tr ... tor-508336

I am looking for some feedback on how good / bad they are please?

dust.png

Attachments

• dust.png
    dust.png
    178.6 KB · Views: 411
I don't have that exact model but I do have the cartidge filter which I bought as an optional extra on mine for about £100 at the time. I can recommend it, compared to a bag there is no detectable dust in the air when the machine is operating and it's really simple to keep clean compared to a bag type filter.

What horse power / airflow model do you have and how does it cope with router table dust?
Thanks!

pcb1962":3ccqka7h said:
I don't have that exact model but I do have the cartidge filter which I bought as an optional extra on mine for about £100 at the time. I can recommend it, compared to a bag there is no detectable dust in the air when the machine is operating and it's really simple to keep clean compared to a bag type filter.

I'd expect it to be ok for a router table and possibly a saw if you use large bore hoses.
Pretty inadequate for a P/T though.
I use a 3hp 14" impeller system and that is fine for P/T. All in 100mm hose and 110mm drain pipes and gentle bends.

I had a look at this model at there Nuneaton store yesterday, although they would not start it up for me (fear of blowing the shops fuses) they did show me the smaller version which was surprisingly quiet. They did show me the unit they had set up in there demonstration area which although of a different design and a smaller motor performed well. The salesman assured me it was adequate for both table saw and planner/thicknesser. I'm obviously a complete noob, will be interested in additional feedback on this as I'm also in the market for an extractor.

Back