Does anyone from Italy recognise this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
P1080183.jpg

This is a cabinet made in Italy from MFC (melamine faced chipboard or similar) with a very high gloss finish to imitate pink marble. I was wondering if this type of material was still available?

Many thanks

Roger

Are you sure its not white MFC that someone has marbled and lacquered? How regular is the pattern, thats usually the giveaway

Jason

Do you have a pic of the edge as a well marbled surface will have the figure of the marble carried around but edge banding will not.

Jason

Bit hard to tell with that fuzzy pic but the fact that the top moulding has all been coloured makes me think the sides have had the same treatment.

Jason

I can't see from the photos, but it is true melamine sheet or a "skin"?

Skins are widely used by Italian industrial forniture makers: they are a thin sheet of plastic that perfectly (....almost....) imitates wood, marble etc. and are applied with a vacuum sistem at relatively high temperature, so they can be applied on curved surfaces, mouldings etc.

Cheers

Antonello...thank you for that insight. It sounds very much as if that could be the case here.

Which then gives me a problem as to how to replicate it!

Back