Does anyone else have 'One of those days'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpb

Established Member
Reaction score
On saturday I was machining some draw sides on my router table putting the same cuts into 8 draw sides, Seven went fine the eigth I managed to put one of the groves into the wrong side. Toss that bit into the scrap

So dragged out my un planned timber and made another side bit. Reset the router table and set about routing all the groves only to realise I had misset the depth on the router table and a 3/16 cut became 3/8, Toss that bit into the scrap.

So I then dragged out my un planned timber again and made another side bit etc. and what should have taken a couple of minutes took almost 2 hours. It was at this point I gave up for the day.

JPB

I had a similar problem myself recently - we've all been there at some point, don't worry!! :D :wink:

I cut a piece of timber to length on my saw - but it was to the shoulder length, making no allowance whatsoever for the tenons on either end!

After planing up a replacement, I went straight to the saw and, without moving the stop, did the exact same thing again!! :evil:

At least I go there in the end, third-time lucky... :wink:

no I don't have one of those days...I'm having one of those lifes .... :roll: :wink:

I make a cup of coffee, kick the cat, swear at the wife,-- or is it swear at the cat ---?

Roy.

Yup, count me in on this one too. Have cut pieces too short, cut wrong side, wrong piece, etc, etc. Stop for a break and go back when I have cooled down. :roll:

Don't you also think that as soon as you walk into the WS it's gonna be one of those days :roll:
My latest one was with the rocking horse,chamfering the edges.
I only put a cutter in the had held router without a guide and proceeded to cut.
As soon as i started the cut i realised what i had done :x
Quick break.

I've been working in wood for nigh on 50 yrs. There's not enough room here to list mine! :lol:

Roy.

My favorite is to cut off short by the saw blade thickness
Hence some articles are 3mm smaller in one direction or another.

Howard

jpb":25rgfe2g said:
On saturday I was machining some draw sides on my router table putting the same cuts into 8 draw sides, Seven went fine the eigth I managed to put one of the groves into the wrong side. Toss that bit into the scrap

So dragged out my un planned timber and made another side bit. Reset the router table and set about routing all the groves only to realise I had misset the depth on the router table and a 3/16 cut became 3/8, Toss that bit into the scrap.

So I then dragged out my un planned timber again and made another side bit etc. and what should have taken a couple of minutes took almost 2 hours. It was at this point I gave up for the day.

JPB

That's why you should always machine up a couple of bits more than you need...saves a lot of grief in the end :wink: - Rob

The adjustment of my bandsaw blade height just fell apart. Time for a coffee and 'The Weakest Link'.

Roy.

This morning whilst getting dressed a shirt button came off,
when I picked up my workbag, the handle came off,
I'm breaking my neck here, I dare'nt go for a pee.
Rich. :lol:

OPJ":1upkx950 said:
I cut a piece of timber to length on my saw - but it was to the shoulder length, making no allowance whatsoever for the tenons on either end!

After planing up a replacement, I went straight to the saw and, without moving the stop, did the exact same thing again!! :evil:

You could have just popped out and bought a Domino! :lol:

Rich":6xnch8pl said:

1202836721_CR_gems-BEmoteLMAO.gif

kevin":313o21vx said:
Rich":313o21vx said:

1202836721_CR_gems-BEmoteLMAO.gif
Ooops, just scratched my itchy bum. :lol:

mailee":17mwnl5u said:
Yup, count me in on this one too. Have cut pieces too short, cut wrong side, wrong piece, etc, etc. Stop for a break and go back when I have cooled down. :roll:

Yep.. Me too. Except, if there's something good on telly, I don't go back in until the next day!

John :D

i was cutting circles with the jasper small jig and did about 5 testers to get it right (speaker hole)
had to do a few more than normal cos the counter screw hole broke (plastic) change the hole of that one did some more testers as the jig moved (different hole) got it right again

and then the other breaks and not on the tester one this time so now i have to remake it all again and get a new jig or fix the other :(

Back