Does anybody know about scroll saws ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick81

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy my first scroll saw. Just for light use but want good results.

Are their any "must have" features i should be aware of? Are all blades compatible with any machine? etc

was looking at this Titan model currently on offer at Screwfix http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb54ss ... 230v/10393

also the Record Power or Scheppach options are possibilities at the £120 range.

Your thoughts please.
Thank you.

Variable speed is essential, especially if you ever want to cut metals and plastics as well as wood. Never say never eh, I thought I'd only ever want to do 3mm ply and so far I've done 1.5mm to 45mm hard and soft woods, acrylic, fibreglass, copper, and brass, and they all cut their best at different speeds.

I've never used a Titan but at the price in that advert if I was on the lookout for a saw I'd bite their hands off.

Only last piece of advice... 90% of your enjoyment on a scroll saw will come from using the right blade for the right job. Exactly what that is can only really be discovered through experimentation but I use Flying Duchman two way cut blades which you can order off the net (google is your friend) in an "intro pack" containing a dozen each of several different sizes.

Pop into the scroll sawing forum some time for more informed answers.

Col.

Back