DIY CNC Build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terencedug

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I am planning to build a 4ft x2ft plywood CNC router, and am looking for some help, such as plans, designs, etc.

Has any one built one ?? Any photos, any tips on getting all motors etc.

Thanks for any help, tips etc.

If you fancy a trip down to sheffield come and have alook at mine...not plywood but all alloy similar work envelope to what you plan
The trip could save you much time money and aggro

Ian

TBH I'd suggest making your way over to the CNCZone forum. I'm also on there (as sploo), though I've not posted in a while.

There's plenty of info and advice on DIY CNC machines.

I agree cnczone and mycncuk are a good site but nothing like seeing something in the flesh and working ,,,,a one hour chat gets everything sorted in your mind then going for more advice from others on the forums

flh801978":1z9g036s said:
I agree cnczone and mycncuk are a good site but nothing like seeing something in the flesh and working ,,,,a one hour chat gets everything sorted in your mind then going for more advice from others on the forums
Absolutely - I wasn't suggesting the OP didn't take up your offer; it would be a good idea to see one in action.

flh801978":164wfe23 said:

Any pics flh801978?

I'm at the end of a build of a similar sized unit and would be interested in how you have done yours.

Back