Disposable Planer....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exigetastic

Established Member
Reaction score
Basically I'm after a cheap "temporary" planer to smooth some rough sawn treated timber (x by 2s) that I'm going to make a few bits of "garden furniture" from.

My new workshop won't be ready till later in the year (fingers crossed), so I'm in my 8x12 shed atm and space is at a premium!

I'm currently looking at these:
SIP

Fox

Performance Power

I'm not expecting great things from any of them, but I guess my question boils down to which is less bad than the others :lol:

Ta

Si

Hi Si,
I use the SIP model, and find it quite good, its only real let down, well actually 2...is the in/outfeed tables are a little on the short side (bearing in mind it is sold as a benchtop model) and its bloody noisy (but again I dont have anything else to set it against in terms of noise, so it may just be as noisy as the rest )
But once you have set it up properly it planes nice and square, and if you have anything really long just support it in and out ( i use rollertop stands) and you should be fine..

yes I would love a dedicated machine like a JET or similar,but like you space is at a premium in my 8 x 10` so this suits me for now...

Back