DISGRACEFUL! or might be a bargain..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveB43

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how much they'd sell my old B&D workmate for. More interestingly, how would they describe it? Mid Elizabethan collapsible side table with original saw cuts and patina?

K

Moreover... Who the hell wants a scraggy old workbench (sanded or not) in their house?

No skills":3jlj7rzs said:
Yes for £1200 they could of got a nice new one.

What's worse is the refurbished work tables for £1200 each... By re-furbing them, they've made them look like new ones... To get new the legs cost just shy of £25 for each end, angle iron for the lipping would be £40ish and you could pick up some damaged scaffold planks for nowt to make a top that's just as ugly and uneven.

Maybe as a site full of people who spend quite a lot of time making workbenches uglier in order to make beautiful furniture, we're simply never going to understand.

No skills":3ctz73zr said:
Oh I understand odd people and their money, still its their money and gives us a laugh in the process so who cares 8)

Worse things happen at sea.

I didn't mean that... I meant aesthetically.

I've met more than enough people with too much (of mummy and daddy's) money and not enough sense in the last couple of years to last a lifetime.

Yikes, I just looked at the lighting section. Some of the 'Machine' lamps sold for more money than I paid for my machines with lamps attatched. Perhaps I should be flogging the lamps and buying more toys with the proceeds. Still I suspect that without the Cotswold address I wouln't get anywhere near these prices.

If it's industrial they want then they should get themselves oop North. For a small agents fee I can marry them with a rather sumptuous Victorian mill, complete with infinite vistas of grime. Their precious daughter, Charlotte Elizabeth (Lottie for short) will also have the privilege of a splendiferous internship:

T*ss*rs.

graduate_owner":235a2y9b said:
I wonder how much they'd sell my old B&D workmate for. More interestingly, how would they describe it? Mid Elizabethan collapsible side table with original saw cuts and patina?

K
Thats funny Graduate....note how the pigeon cowpat has been sympathetically "cut back" and then french polished. :)

phil.p":28qnk2py said:
Well, it's sold - there's an eejit out there somewhere.

Well if it's an 'eejit' woodie, that person has found what looks to be a good solid bench, for around the same price you'd pay for a top-end McGuire. (Which is what I would buy, if I was thirty years younger! ) :D

Hi Bob,
good idea - I hadn't thought of French polishing my workmate first. Should add about £350 to the existing price. And with a machine lamp fitted, well, the sky's the limit.

K

Back