Discount codes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kev.k

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any decent discount codes for power tool websites?

My bank account has been battered over the past few weeks and I’ve still got a stack of stuff to buy.

Cant believe I missed this dewalt at b&q. What a bargain.
1127292E-C6C7-4FF2-ACC6-CC524C178198.png

Ah wow yeah that’s a really good price. I don’t know of any discount codes but what about looking at second hand tools on the usual sites? A lot of my tools apart from ones that take a hammering (impact driver/combo drill etc) have all been second hand and have never let me down. If you go to view in person you can normally get a feel for whether they are genuine and have looked after the tool.

Never had any luck with discount codes but ebay usually has some 15 or 20% promotions in July - August where the online tool seller participate. The sellers tend to inflate their prices so you don't get anywhere near 20% off for real but you can find some of the best market prices this way.
Always compare with the prices on their own stores outside of ebay just to be safe.

Also worth looking at factory seconds. Often it's just the packaging that's wrong, or a simple fix like a bolt missing or scratched base etc. Can be hard to find somewhere that regularly has seconds to purchase though. Rutlands often has them:
https://www.rutlands.com/pp+factory-specials+a08000https://www.axminstertools.com/clearance?cat=482
Otherwise, used is the way to go for most things. Most machines like drill presses etc. will sit in someone's hobby workshop and get used a handful of times before they realise they take up too much space and sell them on.

Also worth looking at factory seconds. Often it's just the packaging that's wrong, or a simple fix like a bolt missing or scratched base etc. Can be hard to find somewhere that regularly has seconds to purchase though. Rutlands often has them:
https://www.rutlands.com/pp+factory-specials+a08000https://www.axminstertools.com/clearance?cat=482
Otherwise, used is the way to go for most things. Most machines like drill presses etc. will sit in someone's hobby workshop and get used a handful of times before they realise they take up too much space and sell them on.
Thanks, but I think you mean
Axminster Clearance - Clearance | Axminster Tools
Rutlands
Factory Specials - Factory Specials | Rutlands Limited - Rutlands
Stock Clearance - Stock Clearance | Rutlands Limited - Rutlands
Ex Demo - Ex Demo Stock | Rutlands Limited - Rutlands

Worth watching the slightly sneaky places like Rutland though to make sure it's as good a deal as it looks. They will list a factory seconds bandsaw at £150+Vat and compare the price to the standard cost of £280. Except they are comparing it to a standard cost which includes VAT, whilst listing a clearance price that doesn't include VAT. So that £150 should be listed at £180 to accurately compare the prices.

Don’t bother with the FFX discount code. Awful company to deal with.
It annoys me that they don't just include a VAT receipt in the package as a matter of routine but otherwise I find them easy to deal with and quick to ship.
I haven't had anything from them that I needed to send back.

Ordered Thursday. Didn’t arrive Friday as stated.

Was told via live chat it would be here this morning between 8.30-10.30.

Received a email saying Monday between 8.30-10.30. Queried it with the same girl via live chat. Assured me it would be here this morning and that was a “standard email”.

Seemed strange but gave her the benefit of the doubt.

Didn’t arrive this morning. It’s not even at my local DPD depot.

The office they claim to have in Manchester doesn’t exist.

Google reviews and trustpilot have a lot of people saying the same. As well as used tools turning up in place of new ones.

Why not just be honest and say it will be with you on Monday? Even if that is 4 days later than they stated when ordering.

I wasted Friday waiting around, this morning because of a blatant lie and now have to rearrange Monday morning.

Never again. dung company imo.

Last edited:
They do tend to have a good stock and I think try to be competative, but it does always seem like no one has everything at the best price.

Received a email saying Monday between 8.30-10.30. Queried it with the same girl via live chat. Assured me it would be here this morning and that was a “standard email”.
Was it a real girl or one of these BOT's , can be hard to tell unless you ask non logical questions or try to start a conversation on " where are you planing to have a holiday" which causes confusion .

They do tend to have a good stock and I think try to be competative, but it does always seem like no one has everything at the best price.

Was it a real girl or one of these BOT's , can be hard to tell unless you ask non logical questions or try to start a conversation on " where are you planing to have a holiday" which causes confusion .
Definitely a real girl. She had a Cumquats attitude too.

Someone left a review on trustpilot who ordered a mitre saw on the same day as me. He had the exact same experience.

Agree on the FFX bit. I've dealt with them twice (stupid me) and on both occasions I've been messed around. Waited 4 weeks for a next day delivery and phoning them is a waste of time and oxygen. (if they ever bother to answer the phone) I can quite honestly say that if FFX had a 25% off code as opposed to their nearest competitor for the same item, I'd still buy from the competitor.

Back