Disc sanders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tintin

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a disc sander from a well known manufacture....

But the sanding plate doesn't seem to be rotating perfectly flat.

So is this normal for disc sanders, can I easily fix it, should I send it back.

Currently it only seems to be showing sanding marks on one half - so the other half of the disc remains clean. I have done a divx video so you can see what I mean - may take a few moments to load in..

http://tinyurl.com/le25f8

Yup, send it back. Either the disc is warped or hasn't been squarely fixed to the motor shaft - Rob

Thanks. I feel better for having a second opinion.

I have emailed them with the details.....watch this space.

Well they had the engineer check it over..

Our engineer has checked the disc & it is 0.026” out.
I have asked our buying dept for conformation of tolerances on this.

Sounds like they are looking for an excuse not to do anything about it to me...

The problem is that they already have it and are "testing it" to see if it falls within the specifications that they are currently trying to find...

I'm getting slightly pineappled off with the customer service TBH.

I have had two problems on one of there band saws, fence not locking and capacitor u/s. both dealt with over the phone and parts sent foc under warranty saw was 4 years old.

hi tintin

we all know when you sand on the disc you leave a sanding mark all around the disc in a circle on it surface this alone show the plate is out of true , if it is as you say it's only leaving a mark of half the disc in a semi circle then it ain't up to spec , tell um straight , refund or .hc

Still no reply form Record.. apart from "we're checking the spec"

I have informed Poolewood machinery (Original order company)
that the sander is back in Records workshop, hopefully they will sort out a refund without trying to convince me the earth is 100% flat....

Whoever you bought the sander from is who your complaint is with, the manufacturere is nothing to do with it.

Aidan

Well the end of the story here is that they decided that it was out of spec.

I would have been more impressed if they hadn't spent 2 weeks trying to justify that nothing was wrong with it. Or that they had managed to send a replacement sander was better than "Just in spec" Or that it came with an apology of some sort....

I did get a packet of 3 sanding discs this time..

..but no manual!

Back