digital scales

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madge

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend some affordable yet reliable digital scales for weighing out epoxy?

I bought some digital scales from Lidl a couple of years ago. The make is SilverCrest and I've found them superb. I bought them for use in the kitchen and I use them almost daily (for breadmaking).
I find them extremely accurate and can thoroughly recommend them next time they have them in stock, which is fairly frequently I believe. If I remember correctly, they were about £7 or £8, or thereabouts.
Coincidently, I weighed out some Cascamite on them yesterday.

MMUK":2aqzmcit said:
The Salter scales should do the trick. On offer at Argos at the mo for a tenner :)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... :c|adp:1o3

I had one of these for a few years and it was excellent until it just died, I think it was probably covered by a 10 year Salter warranty, but I remembered that after I consigned it to oblivion...
I ended up buying another set of Salter scales http://www.amazon.co.uk/Salter-Stainles ... hen+scales , a few quid more at £13, but the display sticks out a little which allows weighing of larger/odd shaped packages, very pleased with it and also covered by a long warranty (which I'll have forgotten about by the time it croaks...)

I picked up a dirt cheap set from Tescos about seven years ago for about a tenner and they've worked faultlessly. I doubt there's much difference bewteen them all, just get a cheap pair for the workshop.

Thanks for the replies, I was concerned I'd have to shell out considerably more to get a set accurate enough. Looks like the salter ones measure to an accuracy of 1 gram, is that sufficient for measuring out small quantities of epoxy? Having not used epoxy much before I don't know how spot on the 1:5 ratio needs to be.

I have always used the special measuing pumps that fix on the epoxy containers. Work well. No need for mental arithmetic.

I've also got the Lidl Silvercrest scales, bought a month or two ago at £9, weighs up to 5kg in 1g steps. They seem to work OK. The good thing about them is they take ordinary 2 x AA batteries, not button cells/9v batteries. The weird thing is there isn't an on/off switch, after you've used it the display goes into a clock mode.

The problem with all the Lidl 'specials' is that you have to wait for Lidl to have it again, you can't just go and buy it.

Latest posts

Back