Digital Planer readout at Rutlands - it's a Wixey WR510

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkaardal

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I normally try to avoid buying from Rutlands, but I wanted to add a digital planer readout to my jet drum sander. I had attached one to my old 15" planer back in Canada, and I fell in love with it.

Looking online, I could only find one supplier in the UK and they were out of stock. Rutlands had one of their "It's a sale!" non-sales, and I noticed they had a digital planer readout pictured. The price was acceptable, though the picture on their website didn't show any actual brand markings. I figured I'd take a chance and so I ordered it.

I was very pleasantly surprised when it showed up and was actually a Wixey WR510.

I don't know if many people use this sort of thing over here, but I thought I should at least make a post about it in case anyone was looking for a place to buy a WR510 (this one says Type 2).

Now this is Rutlands, so who knows if they'll always be Wixeys... but it's at least worth checking out if you're in the market for one.

Donovan.

I'd have definitely bought from them instead of risking Rutlands (everything 5 stars! Now on sale for 0% off the regular price!), but the machine-dro site never had stock when I looked. Still doesn't, alas...

I'll check there first when I'm ready to do the rebuld on my SD310 jointer/planer though.

:)

Drop the DRO people a call. I have bought a fair amount of kit from them and they were excellent to deal with. They got in parts for me that were out of stock in a fairly short time.

Back