dictum tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurcher

Established Member
Reaction score
well i jumped in and bought 4 rasps from dictum for 40 euro or £30.00 and what fine tools they are i do recomond them and the shipping is very fast to .
i am so happy that in january i will hav another order give them a try you will not be dissapointed.

I don't know if it's allowed on here, but do you have links to the rasps you bought?

i have some from the same source. I will let you link to them in case they are different, but i would put a pound on it that they are not.

great value for money.

I have not placed orders with Dictum, although I can thoroughly recommend Dieter Schmidt too. Great quality and a speedy delivery. Sadly my working knowledge of German is not great. Thankfully his staff have a greater understanding of the English Language than I do. So ordering is no problem

David

marcros":37unfb2b said:
they are the ones that I have, certainly.

https://www.dictum.com/en/tools/woodwor ... ri=Hattori (in English)

i got a cabinet, half round and crossing I think. I would need to look to be certain.

Thanks, they look a bit rough (due to the wide spacing of the teeth), but there are plenty of things to do with a rough rasp, and plenty of tools that finish that job just fine (like relatively coarse metal files).

You could hardly find a blank for the price they're charging for a rasp, so the above is by no means a complaint at all.

yes they are the rasps i got i use mine for shaping walking stick handles i got some realy small ones to for the noseing of my sticks .
as far as smooth well a rasp to me is a shaping tool then follow up with glass paper card scraper i am more than happy and i would be sure you would to.

I agree with that. I follow with a file and scraper, though some of the french rasps go fine enough that I guess you could just sand or scrape with very little finish.

The inexpensive rasps are never quite as fine as that (it requires densely cut and consistent teeth).

The cost of the french rasps is high, so I use mostly low cost rasps and a double cut metal file to follow the rasps instead of a fine rasp.

Latest posts

Back