DeWalt track saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartpaul

Established Member
Reaction score
With a large amount of sheet cutting to do and foreseeable use in the future I took the 'plunge' (see what I did there?!) and invested in the Dewalt.

I know there will be those who will say I should have gone green, - well I can't afford it and couldn't get approval!

Got a reasonable deal on two tracks and some other bits and bobs. Setup not that difficult but when the saw is on the track there is a definite 'rocking' from side to side (yes, I've taken out the slack and got a good fit on the rails). I think this is enough to cause a serious discrepancy when cutting. Feels like a couple of mill but in reality is probably more like 0.5 to 1.0 mill. I haven't carried out any cutting yet as I didn't want to possibly wreck the splinter strip for later cutting.

I've been in touch with the supplier and the saw is already on its way back. Not the rails as apparently they can't be the problem ( :shock:).

Has anybody else with a DeWalt experienced an issue? I'm hoping for a replacement without any rock but worried that this may be what is referred to as 'in tolerance'. Will have to wait and see.

As always the true test of a supplier is when things go wrong!

My dewalt was great, accurate and good dust collection. However...went on to buy the ts55 and sold the dewalt.

I've used from new the DeWalt & I remember it taking quite a bit of faffing about to get it set up nicely on the track & remove any play.
My own is a TS55 so knew how the saw should run on the track & the DeWalt took some setting up to get it to run as nicely

Had a look at a few of those videos and I'm not seeing the same issue.

Hoping to hear from the supplier today and all I can say is if this is 'within tolerance' then it's going nack and I'll put the money into something else.

At 1.06 you can see the saw wobbles on a the track when he moves his hand, at 1.16 you can see the burn mark where the saw was moved and the blade caught the ply

I've owned the dewalt for about four years. It's been brilliant. There is a very slight play on the track, but it's never caused a problem.

tomf":2px7d0cv said:
At 1.06 you can see the saw wobbles on a the track when he moves his hand, at 1.16 you can see the burn mark where the saw was moved and the blade caught the ply

Thanks for the detail Tom.

That movement is absolutely tiny compared to what I've experienced.

Very frustrating to say the least and unfortunately my contact with the supplier to date hasn't felt that positive ('they don't do that').

We'll see .......

Festool track saw £340 with 1400 track, damm good price if you ask me

Cornish Joinery, where from please??
Slinger

Latest posts

Back