• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found Dewalt spare part

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck. If you are not successful, I'm sure you could make one. They are pretty basic parts.

It looks very like the one on my smaller saw. I can get you some dimensions and pics, but not for a day. You could widen your search to other machines, My one is the DW1501. It could also be a scaled up version. Difficult to know from the picture
kickback.JPG

Thanks Sandyn that would be fantastic that would move the quest on I have looked on Miles at all the spares drawings and they all look similar but dont give any dimentions if i could see the the rabit i could make one with a bit of modding the blade guard is intact so have the mounting base and going to make my own blade guard moving parts out of perspex as long as its well built should be safe

Some quick pictures. This will give you an idea of the size. If you decide to make one, I can get more accurate dimensions

IMG_4521.JPG

IMG_4522.JPG
IMG_4523.JPG
IMG_4524.JPG
IMG_4525.JPG
IMG_4526.JPG
IMG_4527.JPG
IMG_4528.JPG
IMG_4529.JPG

Looking at the anti kick back device reminds me of when I first got the saw years and years ago. I didn't really understand the importance of the thing. One day I was ripping a length of timber and didn't have the anti kick back set. There was an almighty bang and something came backwards out of the saw and hit the thumb on my left hand. It instantly went numb. I didn't dare look at it until I got somewhere safe where my wife was. I was convinced the thumb had been removed. I had no sensation in it. I went through to my wife, hand behind my back, then covered my eyes with my good hand and asked if my thumb was still there!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: fortunately it was, I still have the scar to remind me to set the anti kickback!:LOL:

Thank you very much Sandyn for taking the trouble to phograph the device that gives me a good idea of how it fits and where it fits ,I have found a piece of cable track that is about the right width to fit round the recess at the back of blade guard so now to make 6 fingers that will arrest timber if it kicks , must admit the upperguard part is only fastened to the motor by an 8 mm stud if the kick back is violent enough what happens? Smashed guard I managed to get a lot of moving guard parts from Miles tools yesterday now i have only to make back moving segment and saw will be like new and safe . Once again thank you very much

Sandyn on the 2nd photo 4522jpg the plate you can see through the slotted hole does that fit inside the green upper blade guard and is held to slotted carrier by the bolt that holds the kick back teeth The plate i mean is best shown in pic 5 4525jpg and pic 6 4526jpg and in pic 6 the curl in the top of the plate sits under kick back tooth holder ?

must admit the upperguard part is only fastened to the motor by an 8 mm stud if the kick back is violent enough what happens?
Same design on mine. it seems a bit crude. The blade guard sits on two lugs sticking out from the motor face, held down by the 8mm stud, so make sure it's tightened down OK and any force is translated into the motor housing. It is quite steady. Touch wood, I can't remember when the last kick back was, but I attribute that to using Freud blades, which work really well. My blade is 254mm.
The part of the guard the anti kickback slides on is 150mm

There is a plastic bit inside the U channel, but that just stops the duct coming out the slot (almost).
Hopefully the video will play. It shows it 'working'.

Thanks once again Sandyn i have fitted my 254mm frude blade its got anti kick back built in dont know how efective it is on radial its sound on table saw never had a kick back on it i also have a smaller frude blade for cutting composite and man made board as i use a lot of birch ply and mdf for my dolls houses ,The reason I want to get my radial up to scratch is i will only need one saw to cut my reclaimed wood on as well as my board needs saving space in the workshop I will cut my 8x4 sheet to smaller sizes and final cut on radial cleaning up edges to final line with a router i have all the machines i need both in full size and mini. Band saws, pillar drills router tables planer thicknesser the smaller machines i have devised myself mostly so i can produce hardwood stock into scale sizes 2.1mm to an inch close as dam it

Pretty sure I have one of those anenti kickback units in my spares drawer at the workshop from a now defunct machine - I will have a look tomorrow and let you know

Back