dewalt repairs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katellwood

Established Member
Reaction score
I have lent my Dewalt plunge saw to a friend who wanted it to cut the bottom off oak doors following new fitted carpets Its 110v approx. 3 - 4 yrs old (From Axminster) and had very little use (only used for initial cuts in sheet material to make it handable then run through my felder for final dimensioning)

Phoned me this morning and apparently its burnt out :cry:

He's offered to replace with a 240v one (allowing me to use the PTO on my vac) but wants to see if its repairable for his own use

Can anyone suggest a repairer in Kent/SE London or should I ask Axi if they can repair

TIA

2helpu is the dewalt support site and its easy to find your local service agent if you type in your postcode. You will probably find its cheaper to repair it with parts bought yourself than getting a service centre to repair it for you. These kind of tools aren't complicated and with the aid of the exploded diagrams they have in the manuals, its pretty straight forward. Just don't let your mate fix it as he comes across as a bit ham-fisted and would probably force something and break it further.

Has he left it to cool down and tried it again? I know my festool slows down when it's been worked a bit hard but once it's cooled down its fine.

Latest posts

Back