DeWalt radial arm saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeye48

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a dewalt radial arm saw, model dw8101. Unfortunatley there was no manual for it.
I have contacted DeWalt about a manual but in the mean time does anyone here have a manual they could copy for me. I will pay all costs of copying and postage, even put in a drink for your trouble.

I have search the internet high and low, there are plaenty of references to the manual but no actual downloads.

Most of these dw saws are pretty similar varying in arm length mainly.

Search using the tools menu (not the the google search) for posts misterfish regarding radial arm saws and you will find links to where he has posted manuals and other guides for their set up.

Bob

I am so glad to hear it lol.

I used to get hardwood from a place in High Wycombe, the guy there had two fingers missing thanks to a spindle moulder

Just to let you know, DeWalt sent me a manual as a PDF file the same day. How good a service is that.
All i have to do now is rearrange my workshop to fit the saw in. It will be worth it.
On a different note, the saw is bloody heavey, 112kg, weights a ton. At least the workshop won't blow away now, it will be firmly held in place by the saw lol.

Looking through the manual the saw takes some setting up, but i am looking forward to it. I wanted one of these saw for years but they were always way out of my price range.
If anyone else has one of these saws i would appriciates any hints or tips.

hawkeye48":2pi9yweu said:
Just to let you know, DeWalt sent me a manual as a PDF file the same day. How good a service is that.
All i have to do now is rearrange my workshop to fit the saw in. It will be worth it.
On a different note, the saw is bloody heavey, 112kg, weights a ton. At least the workshop won't blow away now, it will be firmly held in place by the saw lol.

Looking through the manual the saw takes some setting up, but i am looking forward to it. I wanted one of these saw for years but they were always way out of my price range.
If anyone else has one of these saws i would appriciates any hints or tips.

There is a lady at DeWalt...whose name escapes me now...in their customer service department who is simply amazing! She has helped me with manuals on a number of occasions...they really are helpful...which is unusual for a really large company in this day and age.

Jim

Hawkeye,

Could you possibly post a copy of the Dewalt/Elu 8101 manual?
- I'm new to the forum, not sure if that's possible...

I will also approach Dewalt.

Many thanks,

JCE

Back