Dewalt Flexvolt Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pike

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen one of these battery powered table saws in action yet? The reason I'm interested is I currently manage with a bandsaw and tracksaw but if I could get a portable, small, not too noisy table saw it might fill a gap for me for when the ts/bs aren't ideal. Being brushless would that make it as quiet as an induction motor?

http://products.dewalt.co.uk/powertools ... DCS7485T2/

It only has one t slot but I'm hoping a well made single slot cross cut sled would still be accurate.

I'm not bothered about being battery powered, it's the size and noise which interest me. I could maybe carry it down to the shed instead of leaving there for any tea leaf to nick (as I do now for all the portable stuff).

Being brushless makes it quieter than a site saw with a brushed motor, but not as quiet as an induction motor. This new Dewalt saw looks pretty good though. Same blade size as the TS200, so together with the the flexvolt mains adaptor thing they'd sell, it could be quiet a nice alternative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah. I hear the adaptor is coming out later, but I'll believe it when I see it.

one of the lads in work has one its got a lot of power but it is noisy the fence is excellent but like the chop saw it needs a sharp blade , the 54v is out of this world power wise and 6ah I have one on the chopsaw and I have been laying oak flooring the battery last two days with two laying and one cutting, I'm picking another battery up tomorrow morning, if there is anything you would like to know I can have a play with it tomorrow in work let me know.

pike":gp6qqupm said:
Yeah. I hear the adaptor is coming out later, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Amazon US and Canada are showing it as temp out of stock for the 110v version. Not seen the part numbers or any thing for the 240v version. But, yes, they aren't going to sell as many expensive batteries when this comes out, I assume.

If it isn't a fair bit quieter than the dw745 then it won't be worth twice the price for me. I'd just have to find space for an induction ts.

slate1234":2svwohz5 said:
one of the lads in work has one its got a lot of power but it is noisy the fence is excellent but like the chop saw it needs a sharp blade , the 54v is out of this world power wise and 6ah I have one on the chopsaw and I have been laying oak flooring the battery last two days with two laying and one cutting, I'm picking another battery up tomorrow morning, if there is anything you would like to know I can have a play with it tomorrow in work let me know.

slate1234":3w5featk said:

its only 2ah when running at 54v

as far as i am aware the adaptor thats coming out is 110v/120v for the chop saw that takes 2 batteries

right now i would avoid these tool and batteries for a year or two until the failure rate is established, using them 18v 6ah fair enough but in 54v a lot of strain is on those 15 2ah cells it only takes one to fail, as it stands id guess at the fail rate being around 3 times a standard battery

I'd like to hear one compared to a brushed saw. As portable, small and quiet are the 3 things which would convince me to have a table saw for things it would do better than a tracksaw or bandsaw. Good point alexfm about reliability though.

I'm also wanting a smallish portable saw for my workshop so i can pack it out of the way when i'm not using it. It's the noise factor that is putting me off. Never considered a battery one but like Alex, i'd probably wait to see how they fare before buying as they are £750 with the batteries and too new for that kind of financial input for me.

I flogged my 745 as it was too big and carting it to the shed and back meant I'd just faff around setting up the track saw instead. That, and it sounded like a 747 taking off as it was so loud. Given the volume of the Dewalt thicknesser I don't think they given much consideration to the db limit during designing. If the battery saw is in any way quiet I'd be very surprised!

Dewalts own site lists the 745 and the new battery version noise levels as very similar. I'm surprised I thought it would be much quieter. Ah well.

Back