Dewalt 739 bandsaw problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swaley

Reaction score
Hi im new here i was wondering if anyone could help me.

I have a new dewalt 739 bandsaw which has had literally minimal use.
Its only been used to cut a few shapes out of plywood.

I went into the workshop today and went to press the green on switch and it was stuck in. The red off button does nothing (would normally spring the on button back out)

The safety key is pushed in, i tried pushing hard on the green button an it hummed for a second or 2 then nothing.

The bandsaw was bought off ebay about 5 months ago and was a "end of line" so no warranty from the seller, but possibly has manufacturers warranty.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what this problem might be?

It sounds to me as if the switch is duff. Can you disassemble it and see if anything is amiss inside? They are usually very simple inside.
S

Thanks for the reply.

Thats the plan first thing in the morning, however i cant say i will know what im looking at. Other than wiring up plugs and sockets im not much of an electrician.

Seems really odd though as it was fine last time i used it, now the buttons are just stiff.

It's not got one of those Off buttons that you turn and it pops out has it? Stays in when you hit it? Check for dust in any micro switches, there may be some of those on the cover doors over the wheels, they stop the machine from opertaing when you are changing the blade. Dust sometimes jams them

Swaley":nwhwamyj said:
Thanks for the reply.

Thats the plan first thing in the morning, however i cant say i will know what im looking at. Other than wiring up plugs and sockets im not much of an electrician.

Seems really odd though as it was fine last time i used it, now the buttons are just stiff.

This isn't an electrical problem, its mechanical so don't worry about the wiring etc. Just take it apart and carefully examine the components. Chances are a spring will be loose or dust will have gummed something up or a splinter will have wedged in a gap preventing something from moving. 9 times out of 10 just having a gander will reveal the problem with no prior knowledge. If nothing is obvious give the parts a good clean with a soft brush and re-assemble.
If it still doesn't work call De-walts tek sppt team in the UK. They will almost certainly help over the phone for free.

Right so i took the whole switch box out, the actual plastic buttons are jammed. But other than that it all looked fine inside the switch. However upon pushing down on the spring lever "on/off" switch (underneathe the plastic buttons which they in turn push down on) theres nothing so i was thinking maybe the capacitor?

However good news is i phoned a dewalt service agent and theyre picking it up on friday as it was bought under a year ago. Thankyou for your replies!

Latest posts

Back