dewalt 20 inch scroll saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would throw this into the mix as an option for a new scroll saw

just by my subject title I sure a few seasoned scrollers are looking at this post !!

I hear they are supposed to be one of the best scroll saws around but sadly not available in the uk anymore

but I looked at this from America

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DEWALT-20-Var ... 4d136337ea

with the exchange rate being pretty good it works out at around 420 including shipping

30 odd pound for a transformer which my electrician best made says will work fine , and then you have a dogs cahoneys of a scroll saw for 450 which equivalent hegner would be around 900 pounds

downside ? well if anything went wrong with it .... but then again people pay 2 or 300 for a second hand hegner off ebay so not too bigger a risk , be interesting to see if dewalt uk would pick up any repairs , if it was say a matter of spare part that you could replace yourself that be fine , I guess it would only be if it broke beyond being able for customer to replace spare part , so reduces the risk a bit

food for thought , been thinking about upgrading to hegner 2s but bit over budget but I could do 450

tempting.....

I have a Dewalt 788 and they are really good machines, especially if you can get the MK1. There is no problem with repairs here in the UK, any Dewalt dealer will be able to sort any problems out as parts are readily available here. I had a new motor put on mine some months ago. Compared to a Hegner it is huge and runs at 1750.

Mark , would your price take into account import duty or would it be exempt of that tax. I have no experience of these saws only what I read from the US. and AUS. They seem to be the Bees knees by all accounts.

I may be wrong but Stevebuk may have one ,apologies Steve if I am wrong . Somebody on here has one I seem to remember . So perhaps you may get some imput as to their benefits .Chippygeoff has given his veiw on the one he has ,but seems committed to the Hegner .

Will be interesting to see how it pans out

Latest posts

Back