Dewalt 1751 Radial Arm Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clothahump69

Reaction score
I have just recently purchased a Dewalt 1751, after one or two teething problems I now have it set up 99.999% square and cutting well with one little problem.
If I tilt the head to cut a bevel, when returning toward the park position the blade hits the main column, surely this can't be right?
What size blade should be fitted?

Has it got a back stop fitted like the one I've outlined:

P1160341-1200x676.jpg

Hi i thought the 1751 was a 255MM blade not 300MM i will measure mine tomorrow also is it the blade or the guard hitting when in the 90deg to the table is it hitting?

i have just been out gto measure mine it is 255mm and does not foul anything post some pictures the 1751 is a long arm version of a 1251 also 255mm

does the blade sit completely behind the fence when fully back agains the stop?

Hi i thought the 1751 was a 255MM blade not 300MM i will measure mine tomorrow also is it the blade or the guard hitting when in the 90deg to the table is it hitting?
Guard go past column without fouling, just the blade that would hit it.

Has the back stop got the rubber buffer fitted . If you go to Miles Tools site most if not all parts drawings are available for free to check out if anything is missing . Post a pic if you can to show the problem, My radial is a DeWalt 8001 and the back stop has at least another 25mm of adjustment when it's set just before the end of the overhead arm track

To be clear are you saying when the saw is in the 90° position for cross cutting the blade would hit the column when at full back travel or that the blade is inline with the column
When in cross cut it doesn't foul, only when bevel cutting.

Back