Decospan Engineered Wood Veneers (look likes)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aidex

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Has anyone used nor seen finished projects made using the above? I think they use a cheap timber (poplar) to make veneered med boards that look like expensive veneers like ebony. I'm just interested to see what you think of them - hkw they compare to the real thing, ho well they finish, cut, etc.

Many thanks for all your help!

I've seen some of the Italian stuff. When you first see them they're amazing, and for most people that's as far as their opinions evolve. If you're a woodworker however you soon realise there isn't the variation you expect from real wood and pretty soon that amazement gets replaced with boredom.

Sorry should be Decospan... autocorrect!

Custard that's exactly my concern... more still that it might look like melamine although I'd oil rather than varnish if not it could look too even and plasticy.

I'm guessing it works and finishes like any other wood veneered board with edging tape?

Thanks again.

PS - the driver here is budget... fake is about £140 real is about £250-300mm (ebony). A though apparently some "desogmers" prefer the consistency... personally I fear it = obviously unnatural (despite the "natural" wood veneer).

Latest posts

Back