Decorated Bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Streeting

Established Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted here for a while. Here is a piece I have been working on for some time on and off. More or less complete but haven't yet applied a finish in case I want to change something. Like to look at things for a while before deciding. Overall view plus some close ups of various details. Purists!! :) please note I have left some grain showing under the green section near the middle of the bowl.

Phil

CopyofDSCF3953inst.jpg

CopyofDSCF3957.jpg

CopyofDSCF3969.jpg

Was this inspired by any chance by recent events in Iceland? It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it. The quality of workmanship is top class as always and the design elements are really effective, I can't see the wood but as you, Mark and a few others have perverted / converted me it doesn't bother me any more :lol:
Don't be such a stranger. Your work is an inspiration to many of us so keep posting

pete

This is a stunning piece, love it!

Attention to detail is excellent, beautiful texturing and the overall colour coordination I feel works really well.

Top notch!

Lee.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

It is an inspiring piece where the bowl has been used as a platform to produce visual impact.

I really like the inside texture and impact of the colours which contrast to the subdue rim colours.

To me it looks like the earth crust/land on the outside, then the sea/water under which is the bubbling core which could so easily destroy.

Nice.

Thanks for sharing.

That's another lovely piece, Philip. I love the textured part, and the wiggly carved part togther with that bright centre. As other's have already said, there is something volcanic about the centre and the outer rim is like cooling basalt.

tekno.mage

Hi Philip,
This is an amazing piece, beautifully executed and will serve as an inspiration for the future. =D>

Malc :D

Some patience you have there Phil :shock: How the hell did you do the texturing and keep it all the same depth/thickness. Respect :lol: :lol:
Steve

Absolutely stunning Phil. You know I'm a fan of your work.

Don't be a stranger ;)

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

That's beautiful... I love the way that it jumps out of the page at you, and I am in awe of the technical ability to do the carving. Strangely enough the first thing I thought of when I saw it was the sun at the centre of the solar system

Back