Decided which new lathe. Now what ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me wonder how much the legs, bed extension ( both of which I am still debating about ) and evo chuck are going up by.

renderer01":1jw7lzw1 said:
Glad you got a decent deal Phil, you will love it. Im not that surprised its going up in price its some piece of kit, but £150 is as someone said a hell of a jump and easily the price of a good chuck.

All best wishes all.

Rend.
Set up and bolted to the bench Friday (I have a very neat solution to the problem of marking the holes when blind bolting this or the 1416vs to a bench, will make a separate post)
What a beast, but a very friendly one. Even at the new price it will sell, you can feel the quality as soon as it is turned on.

I'm like a dog with two danglies at the moment, and can't see the pleasure of using it diminishing any time soon. thanks again to Rend and Robbo for making my mind up.

Phil

Sheptonphil":18v2tf1j said:
(I have a very neat solution to the problem of marking the holes when blind bolting this or the 1416vs to a bench, will make a separate post)
Phil
Looking forward to that. I had been looking at the pics and wondered how you got at the bolt holes.

If you are getting the lathe from Axi get the chuck from there as well - then if it doesn't work there is no wriggle room.
From memory the Evolution chuck has indexing - does the lathe? My lathe is an older model from Axi and does, if so you don't need two indexing systems.

I'd start with Axminster 'C' jaws and take it from there, buying more as you need them.

Brian

Back