Darwin Award nomination

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's probably no more stupid than many ordinary things that happen in our world, like smoking and drinking too much (both of which cost us a fortune in medical expenses) and driving at 37 mph in a 30 limit (which presumably threatens the lives of others on a regular basis). The only real difference is the time it takes for the stupidity to become apparent.

(Written as someone who *may* have done all three at some time...)

Theyre not stupid, just risk takers after easy money.
You tube has a system in place that allows any persons channel with a million or more hits to host advertising, for which cement head gets PAID.
They will keep on doing sensational things until you tube shows some moral fibre and stops rewarding this kind of person.

Rorschach":216lxdvm said:
What lovely people here, and so good to know none of you has ever done anything stupid and needed help.

He did a silly thing, he learned a very valuable lesson I hope but we all do stupid things, drive too fast, climb a dodgy ladder etc etc.

rafezetter":216lxdvm said:
I'd have let him die personally, shame there were witnesses.

You disgust me! That is somebodies child, stupid or not that remark is sick.

What he displayed wasn't stupidity - it was far far worse than that; he KNEW it was extremely dangerous, he KNEW he could suffocate...

And did it anyway - all for the sake of a few hits on a youtube channel; it was complete and utter DGAF

Stupid happens every day on the internet all over the world and it never makes the news - this particular story made the news because an already stressed and strained fire service had to get involved.

This wasn't a professional stunt person, knowingly doing something dangerous and taking all possible precautions to ensure a good outcome; no, this some some fwit with no true understanding of the medium he was using (polyfilla) or understanding of the structure and shape of the human head which would absolutely ensure that he would NEVER have been able to remove his head from the cast, or the cast from the microwave mould.

There are literally TENS OF THOUSANDS of youtube vids and internet pages of "how to make a mould of your head" and I can guarentee you NONE OF THEM involve "stick your head in a box".

If his honest intention was to make a mould or negative cast, why did he ignore all of that information? He clearly has ACCESS to it - as he's a youtuber.

He did it "for the lulz".

It was an absolute foregone conclusion from the moment he stuck his head into the microwave.

Because of this unspeakably reckless act and the other idiots who helped, a fire crew had to waste time getting him free. If a shout had come in for something more serious they would have had to STAY WITH HIM, until he was free and another crew from outside their district would have had to answer it - leaving THEIR district vulnerable.

My cousin is a fire officer and has been for nigh on 20 years - he would say the same thing, and he IS a father of two.

WHY? Because the fire service are suffering cutbacks after cutbacks - he has told me they are getting more like the armed services every year - to mean they are being forced to work with out of date work equipment, and accept paycut after paycut; his pension has been slashed by 30% - regardless of whatever your personal feelings on the matter of civil service pensions, he has risked his life time and again to help those TRULY IN NEED, and DONE HIS DUTY despite the dangers, such as falling through the first floor, floor INTO THE FIRE RAGING BELOW TO SAVE TWO CHILDREN.

YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY DON'T WAN'T TO PICK THIS PARTICULAR FIGHT WITH ME RORSCHACH.

and just as an FYI - his wife is a teacher, Brother is a Paramedic, and Sister works as Airport security.

99% of the countries population have NO CLUE just how difficult things are for the fire service AND the Paramedics, and to top it off they have to answer calls for fwits like this.

My cousins can tell you stories for days about close calls, AND the *didn't get there in times* - the looks on their faces will haunt you for the rest of your days.

It also cost my cousin, the paramedic, his marriage.

I could arrange for you to have a talk with both of them - you'll soon change your tune.

There are people dying through no fault of their own EVERY DAY because they don't have access to the same network of incredible emergency services as we enjoy in the UK, and the people that serve in them give far more than thier 9-5's.

And this is the respect they get given for it - from people who absolutely DESERVED to die for their recklessness.

I won't apologise for what I said; I stand by it now, and I'll say it again the next time some narcissistic W...r does it again.

You still disgust me, in fact you disgust me even more now and I'll bet damn sure your attitude disgusts your cousins who work hard to save lives and protect people.

phil.p":5y2vups2 said:
Bet it doesn't.

If it doesn't then they are in the wrong job.
I have met and know many emergency service personnel, including some in the family. They will grumble and bemoan and will almost certainly want to give somebody a damn good slap for their stupid actions but not one of them would ever wish someone dead.

Do you think the people who treat you in hospital wish you dead for the damage you admit you have done to your own body?

Back