Damn you Axminster...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBen

Established Member
Reaction score
... With your colourful signs, shiny tools and helpful staff.

I only went in to browse and it cost me £400!!!

I did come away with a bootfull of goodies though.

The shop should come with a warning.....

"Will turn you into a kid in a sweet shop"

Yeah, with you there.
The catalogue is bad enough. The stores must be hell on earth. Wouldn't mind having one nearer to me though. I'm a bit fed up of trying to make up the value of orders to get free postage.

K

I've lost count of the times I go in there for a bottle of glue and find it cost me more than I anticipated, a lot more sometimes. :D

Not helped by the fact it's only a few miles away.

Mick

Just stick in a 450 mile drive to the nearest Axy, delete their tempting emails without allowing remote content and you can have a really cheap life.................... :(

And I thought I was the only one, I am considering getting my pay paid direct to them to save time! (hammer)

[smug mode] I drove down some months back to Lyme Regis (alone) and as I drove through the town thought 'shall I call in?'. I resisted the temptation. On the way back, I called in.

And bought............nothing. Nada. It can be done

[\smug mode]

To be fair though, I did go in with the intention of being persuaded.

I could quite easily spend £1000s in there.

It's not the cheapest but the service is excellent.

Just glad there is not a store near me, their Email offers and web site is bad enough, but I know I would just totally loose control if I visited their store, and I like to think I am fairly responsible. :roll:

Take care.

Chris R.

Back