Damaged hob - what are my rights

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
Hob turned up 12 days ago. A smeg low profile 900mm wide. I opened the box, removed the upper protection and noticed no scratches or dents.

Last weekend i took the hob out the box to fit into worktop. The right hand corner of the hob is raised by around 3-4mm, so it doesn't sit flush in the worktop. The block supporting that corner was actually snapped in half, so i think it been dropped in it corner before we received it.

Phoned supplier, who say it's out of there 7 day period, they phoned smeg who say it's out of there period.

What can i do. I have a £500 hob that i'm not happy with.

Ring your local Trading Standards ( in the front of your Yellow pages ) and they should let you know where you stand :) .

I hope you get it sorted
Colin

I'm not aware that 'not fit for purpose' sales can be time restricted in this manner. Did you pay by credit card, this could be a route to claim your money back. By the way, this has nothing to do with Smeg, but the supplier who holds your contract so unless Smeg are stepping up to the line force the issue with the supplier.

It sounds as if they are using the "must be notified of transport damage within 7 days get out"

If the unit is not fit for purpose, as it can not be installed properly then the guarantee should be the answer.

Les

Andy what bad luck - hope it does not delay your curries for too long - At present I am working my way through Atul Kochhar's book - he was on the Queens cooking program and he has one of them stars of the French variety and something to do with tyres. I will PM you the best I have found so far
Barry

"must be notified of transport damage within 7 days get out"

thats the feeling i'm getting. I could remove the SS support and flatten myself but for £500 you shouldn't have to.

Back