dakota XT700 woodturning chuck specifications

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hutzul

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone advise me if the Nova G3 jaws will fit the dakota XT700 woodturning chuck, please? They are on offer atm and I find changing the jaws very time consuming and frustrating.

Cheers & TYIA

PS. I have searched the forum, but answers are vague and from year 2006.

Hi

The Teknatool Nova G3 adaptors are not compatible with the XT700 :(

The XT650 kit may be worth a look though as a second chuck

Regards Mick

I did phone Rutlands to ask what the XT700 chuck outside diameter was, I was told 95mm.

I asked if the Nova G3 jaws would fit the XT700 but after a background conversation was told they were unsure.

I have various jaws to fit the Nova G3, so am looking for a 2nd chuck which will take the same jaws, a new G3 at £120(ish) is too much for me to justify.

Cheers for the input guys.

Hi

I have both XT700 and Teknatool Supernova chucks and I can confirm that the jaw adaptors are not interchangeable.

As all of the Teknatool chucks utilise the same jaw adaptors it is fair to state that the Teknatool Nova G3 jaws are not compatible with the XT700.

Regards Mick

Mick
Just for the sake of clarity, I presume by jaw adaptors you mean the carriers.

Nice to have another piece of the chuck jaw jigsaw confirmed. :)

Hi

I'm referring to the mounting profile between the accessory jaw and the chuck jaw - I'm not sure there is a conventional set of terms

Jaws.png

Regards Mick

Attachments

• Jaws.png
    Jaws.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 2,462
Back