D4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip out and went into my favourite toolie type shop...they had some Everbuild D4 adhesive on the shelves, 'cross polymer, totally waterproof'etc. Was tempted and may get some when current stocks of my D3 glue run out. Has anyone any experience of D4 adhesives? - Rob

Hi Woodbloke
I'm working with the D4 (PU), it has better resistance to water and is suitable for external use.

I just Copy/Past

"Stress groups
The wood glues are divided in different stress groups, old designation DIN 68602 (B1, B2, B3 and B4) new designation DIN/EN204 (D1, D2, D3 and D4) the stress groups arrange the glues according to their minimum shearing strength values and their behavior under humidity and influence of water:
B1 or D1 - suitably for the internal area, whereby the wood moisture under 15% must remain.
B2 or D2 - suitably for the internal area with occasional brief water and/or condensation effect, whereby the wood moisture may reach maximally 18%
B3 or D3 - suitably for the internal area with frequently brief influence of water or higher humidity. Been suitable for the external area without suspension of a direct weathering
B4 or D4 - suitably for the internal area with frequent and long continuing effect of flowing off water and/or condensation. In the external area and the weather suspended with appropriate surface protection".

niki

Latest posts

Back