D&M Kempton Park Tool Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByronBlack

Established Member
Reaction score
It's on over next friday saturday and sunday - anyone going along? Me and my dad are probably going over on the sunday.

Anyone else been - is it any good, decent discounts, stands etc..?

Aha - here's a link to the pdf :) so you can judge for yourself.

£159.95 for the new Trend respirator is as good as I've seen anywhere, and £899.95 for the new Nova lathe with legs, outrigger and chuck is a bargain I'm not allowed...

I've never seen any really amazing bargains. I always pop in on my way home from work on the Friday. Otherwise I don't think I'd bother. More aimed at the powertool enthusiast or tradesman.

Just downloaded the catalogue, I'll take a butchers later..

They have a few decent hand-tool stands there this year, might be worth having a nose around.

Think I'll be going to get the free-clean on my Paslode IM350or whatever its called.
Bloody thing has never worked properly. Maybe they'll take pity on me and give me a new one!!! I am pitiful at the moment!!!

Or else I can just leave it with them!!

I'll be there on Sunday.

Neil

I got an Arrow electric nail gun for £9.95 last year when the stand was clearing stock. It's OK. About £40 normally I think.

I want to go on Saturday but I'm wondering whether there will be more bargains on the Sunday?

Like the look of the AEG 12v drill driver for £69. Anyone any experience of this one or AEG tools in general? I'm after another cordless purely to use as a competent driver.

It used to be a good brand, but since being bought out, it increasingly looks like generic chinese rubbish.

I am hoping to buy a planer/thicknesser shortly - are there likely to be any special bargains at the kempton show if you take it away on the day or are such machines simply ordered for later delivery ?

I am wondering if it is worth taking my father's trailer.

Thanks for any advice.

Tim_UK":3hsuopbo said:
I am hoping to buy a planer/thicknesser shortly - are there likely to be any special bargains at the kempton show if you take it away on the day or are such machines simply ordered for later delivery?
That depends on the exhibitor. Some take stock to the show to sell, some don't. If you know what you're after, a call to the exhibitor should confirm their policy for this show. If they've only taken a demonstration model (static or actually working), then you might be able to take it away at close of play on Sunday, but not before.

Show prices are agreed with D & M beforehand, so the "bargains" are already pre-priced. If any exhibitor sells an item for below that price, then they must take the hit, not D & M, hence very few, if any, last-minute price-drops. HTH :)

Ray

Back