Cyclone Flat Pack Kit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little update, got all the kits cut today and will take lots of decent photos of what's in the kit and how to put them together over the weekend so should be ready for your consumption and orders early next week. The 150mm one is a monster at 900mm tall 600mm wide at the top!

can you post up the required HP / CFM or whatever for each size please.

I only have a little extractor, so would like to know what it would match up with :D

Ta

Rich

I'm no expert but 2-3hp for 100mm one and 4hp plus for 150mm. I have an image to help:

WhichExtractor.jpg

mine looks like the Jet in your image, but a different brand.
I'm sure it's only about 400w which is just over 1/2 HP

I am surprised at the stated HP requirements with a view to mine being 400w !

I don't know about your jet but the one pictured is 1200w and would work ok with the 100mm model I'd think. Can't imagine yours is 400w because the smallest axy is 750w. If yours is low power go for 63mm.

mine isn't a jet , but is in that style ... blower and top and bottom bags.
Its a Rexon I think. I'll check the details today.

I'd be thinking about my lecky bill with 2 or 3 HP blowers going all day !

Thats a good deal there.

Made up the 50mm and 150mm version tonight, the 50mm been the hardest as its got the tightest bend but manged it easily on my own. Photographing and putting together the instructions over the weekend.

Thanks m8 for taking the time to keep us all informed, it could be a WIP lol. Serious though thanks m8 appreciate it

Cheers

Dave

Little bit of a post weekend update, I didn't get anything done really that I wanted to on the Cyclone front except a few measurements I need for other bits.

Got a few bits of the design to adjust and hopefully cnc them tomorrow and get a few pictures out over the week of the range. The 50mm model is so very cute!

I don't want to rush the last stages now after such a lot of work, its easy to do. I'm going to machine a new joining strip for them one with kerfs cut in to allow the joining strip to bend more easily with the cone, the 50mm cyclone, at the small end nearest the floor its a very tight radius and I'm not 100% happy with the strength of the jointing strip, the actual shape is held by the bottom foot and top piece but I don't want people finding the strips pop off a few months down the line, so the new design should prevent that.

Realistically I think I'll be ready for orders on the week of the 26th. But the 63, 100 and 150mm models are all ready to go now.

Chems,

Very well done getting this far.

As you productise this D-I-Y cyclone kit I wonder if you could define more closely what I would get.

I am assuming a flat pack cyclone cone at about 18 to 16 inches diameter at the top, a straight bit below it, and a port to the bottom bin, a transition port at the top from my 100mm pipe into the cyclone, an air ramp to fit inside and some form of supports ( wood possibly) for the top and bottom of the cyclone cone and an exit to any external clean air return filters.

I'm assuming thats it.

I would provide the external filters, motor, impeller, DC pipe either solid or flexible, the bottom dust collection drum if I used this as a standalone cyclone.

If it was as an additional cyclone in front of my existing bagged DC then I would only need to provide pipes and connections.

Both would presumably need a frame to be made.

Incidentals like sealants, tape etc etc would be from me.

Have I got this right. Would I be able to create a standalone cyclone from this kit with external clean air filters.

regards
Alan

Back