cycle transport

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Page

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to get a cycle taken from an address in Herefordshire to a London address. Who would offer this kind of delivery service?
I asked a furniture remover and he suggested I sit on the saddle, press the pedals and point in the direction of London. The expression 'getting on yer bike' came to mind but this didn't help.
I've tried Google but it can't differentiate between carrying a cycle and a cycle carrier. Anybody any suggestions?
Fred

Not directly an answer, but if you ask at a bike shop you should be able to get one of the big cardboard boxes new bikes come in. You then just have a large box to transport and one of the courier middle-man sites would make sense (parcel2go, click4parcels etc).

+1

I used to work in Halfords assembling bikes for sale. They do come in boxes, with the wheels, handle bar and saddle removed. In this state, they take up surprisingly little room.

Packaged up they'll be much less succeptable to damage in transit. Pretty much any courier service would be able to take it.

The boxes get mashed up to fit in the recycling bins so it might be worth asking ahead to get one put by for you.

I've done exactly what Andy suggests in the past, in my case Parcelforce picked it up from reception where I worked

Take the pedals off and slacken the stem. Turn the handlebars through 90 deg and drop the saddle down. Bikes are usually packed this way and, as has been said, they do not take up too much room. For frame protection use pipe insulation. Wrap in bubble wrap or cardboard.

Hope this helps

Bob

Latest posts

Back