customer friendly mobile phone company

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpinDoctor

Established Member
Reaction score
Now I know those words in a sentence just don't occur...

But does anyone have a satisfactory relationship with their provider. I.e. not hit with stupidly high costs for phoning another mobile number (such as your spouse), along with the other supposedly free numbers.

I don't have a problem with mine and have had most of the normal provider. But I know that the only free numbers within my package are normal landline and mobile numbers. Things like 0844, 0845 and 0870 cost a lot so I avoid them. I get a load if free texts, minutes and data within my monthly fee and don't go over this. It really depends how much you use it and want to spend a month on a phone.

I've got half a dozen active phones (one in each car, work phone, travel phone, wife's phones, guest phone for overseas visitors) the best customer experience I've had is with Truphone.com - it's not for everybody, but it suits my travel needs perfectly. I couldn't comment regarding the 08xx numbers - I tend to avoid them if possible, or call them from my land-line.

Truphone is great if you routinely call to (or travel to) the US, Australia, Germany and a few other countries - I've got a PAYG SIM with them and I think it's now 6p/min, per MB & per SMS for the bulk of my usage - including when I'm overseas in their 'home' countries.

We've just moved my wife's phone to Virgin (who use the EE network) who have some very good low cost contracts that include reasonable bundles of calls & data; a bit of a faff porting the number across but it went okay in the end.

No problems here with GiffGaff

PM if you want a referral - free sim with £5 extra credit when you add £10 and I get £5 for introducing you - Simples

Giff-gaff looks great, but it was useless for me because of poor network coverage in my area; it's reliant on O2's network (someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this...), sadly O2's coverage map (in common with all the other networks in my area except Orange/EE) lies like a hairy egg.
A really nice thing about Giff-gaff is that they sent me a free SIM to test before I was committed to them, it's just a shame it didn't work out in my area.

OFCOM's page of coverage maps: http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/mobilecoverage in case anybody's interested

Back