Customer Care Survey 03 - D & M Tools ***RESULT*** 7.23

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your personal experience of D&M's customer service?

• 1. Appalling

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5. Average

• 9. Simply The Best

• No personal experience of them.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

This is the third customer care survey for one of the companies in The List.

The result, and your comments, will be available as a link.

I am looking for you to vote on your personal experience of D & M Tools, you can also post into the thread if you wish to make any further comments that you think would be useful.

Thank you for your participation.

I'll start the ball rolling with an 8.

Thanks,
Neil

Never had a problem with them I voted only a seven though, not quite as fast on delivery as Axminster I only voted 8 for Axminster and thats a hard act to follow.

I gave them an 8.

Usually very keen on price and quick delivery. I have used them over a dozen times in the last couple of years.

Only gripe, I recently bought a fine filter for my chip collector, it cost £98.60 which is a good price but there postage paid limit is £99 so I felt forced :D to buy something else.

They also treat the Isle of Wight as the same postage rates as mainland Uk =D>

john

Not bought anything from them but I've given them a 7 because they hold a very good woodworking exhibition at Kempton Park each year, which I've been to. Lots of trade exhibitors selling stuff at keen prices.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I find D&M service quite good.
Ordered several items from them came pretty quick.
Phoned several times for advice always polite and helpful.
And i think their loyalty points scheme is a good idea.
So an 8 from me :D
Paul.J.

Haven't honestly used them enough to say either way. But in case someone from D&M Tools reads this - I'd probably think to use them more often if the postage paid limit was a bit lower. It's a psychological thing which reasoned argument will not doubt show to be daft, but that's just how what-passes-for-my-mind operates.

Cheers, Alf

8 for me, have bought quite a bit from them, and they are quick, usually pretty good on price, and helpful on the phone.

In terms of customer service, I have had one problem which they sorted out. They sent out a (Bahco decorator's) scraper without a blade installed. They were very courteous on the phone, and sent out a replacement blade by Royal Mail (in an ordinary envelope). Some postie must have mistaken the feel of it for a ring, and ripped open the envelope to nick it.

Second time around, they were more sceptical on the phone, but agreed to (and did) send out another replacement inside some card in a Jiffy bag, which did then arrive. So, nearly top marks, except the guy on the phone made me feel like I was making it up! They delivered though, which is what really counts, and I guess they have to deal with their fair share of scams (although a cheap little scraper blade would seem to be a strange thing to base a scam on).

I gave them a 5 (just average) because although on the occasions I have ordered from them their service has not been too bad (a bit slow at times), I think their carriage rates are expensive compared to other companies I use. I also agree that their postage paid limit of £99 is far to high.

One thing in their favour is the loyalty points scheme they run.

Customer services?, again just about average.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Alf and Mike

The poll is purely on customer service, not on price. :roll: :wink:

As they tend to be competitive on price, I assume, they have to start their free postage at a higher level. As Mike says they've also got a loyalty scheme.

Cheers
Neil

I'm aware of that - I don't have sufficient experience of their customer service to comment (or vote). As these threads inevitably end up as, in effect, a customer survey I thought it might be helpful for D&M to know why I'm rarely a customer.

Cheers, Alf

Very useful poll but could we please have an extra option 'I've not used them'. That way those of us in this category can see what the consensus is. Otherwise we have to pick a value at random in order tosee the results...which skews them.

7 from me. Good enough customer service but not as good as Axminster.

Loyalty points scheme I like. Postage costs for small orders I don't, and it's making me look elsewhere because I don't always want to spend £99+ on an order.

I find there straight forward service very good but if you enquire about a problem they do not all seem to on the same wave length and it seems
ages to get a result,

A case in point this week

I need a new switch for my EB SCMS which is now Metabo,
Metabo will only sell through a dealer so I went back to D&M were I bought the saw to ask them to order the switch for me only to be told that yes I can buy direct and was given a phone number that turned out to be NMA,
a low 4 from me for customer service
Nigel

7 For me
I ordered a saw which came without a balde spanner got a new one next day which was great. Loyalty points are a good idea but the website is a little bit naff.
Owen

Back