Critique request

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this mental image of you going through all the glasses weighing them and feeling them and Diane looking very strangely at you :lol:

I am sure they would all feel fine if tested properly, mind you probably the bottle would as well so that wouldn't count

Pete

Guess who monitored they were all back in the correct place, without finger marks. :lol:

Right, done the partner so they are now pair. Not perfect but then copying is not my strong point. Not too sure what wood it is but it polishes and buffs up nicely

Pete

Don't think any of us would be afraid to offer those up as a pair Pete, slightly sharper curve on the bowl/stem/base interfaces on the---- second? but that is being hyper critical on shape comparisons.
If you can get all your other selected forms so well balanced and such a good match you are going to be pushed to do a personal critique between them.

Thanks Chas, I hadn't noticed it myself until I was taking the photo and it stood out like a sore thumb. Once you've seen it you notice it all the time. I have a long spindle of wenge so am going to try and do some tall slim ones with that. See what it turns like, only had small bits of it before and it has tended to chip so will need to go carefully to get nice crisp edges and finish I suspect.

pete

Pete, it's so small I doubt anyone could get any closer freehand without working strictly to a template and spending hours tweaking the shape, nine out of ten would not perceive a difference unless told to study closely.

Take care with the Wenge and any splinters, and released fumes can be a problem.

Thanks Mark & Chas.
If I can learn to do some of those finishing techniques of yours Mark I have a couple of ideas for medieval style goblets that would they would be ideal for. Need to practice on scrap first though I think.

Pete

Back