criminal responsiblity

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a statistician either, I am simply relating my experience, not my opinion, not my interpretation of a bell graph or anything else, simply recounting my observations without political bias or any other form of agenda. If you do not believe people's experiences because they don't conform to a statistical model, that is your right.
I don't hang a round borstal either, these are observations of youngsters from all over the country, in the street, in shops, on buses, on trains and on the tube.
As I said before, everyone's experiences will be different, yours are clearly different to mine, fair enough, but it makes them no less real or valid.

Vormulac.

Hi all
Very interesting thread.

So very glad to find that I am not on my own on this soap box, I was beginning to feel very alone up here.

Many thanks to you all.
Norman

Hi again all,
As Norman has just said, this thread has been very interesting. I see there was a discrepancy in what percentage of young people are good & bad. I personally think that most PEOPLE are good, young & old alike, but it's the ones who do bad that make the headlines as usual. Pete Docherty (babyshambles-Kate Moss) is a case in point does everything he shouldn't & gets attention. Same with Tony Carroll (lottery lout) causes all that aggro with his near-neighbours, goes to jail for drugs offences then on his release he gets t.v. offers to do his own show.
Rewarded for doing wrong I think, with role models like these no wonder kids are breaking their necks to be bad. Does this say more about modern society as a whole today?? 'Must buy this magazine or that one to see what they're doing now' I know we don't want to see t.v. about normal everyday stuff cos that would be boring beyond belief. The trick is not to think all the bad stuff we see in film & t.v. these days can be copied in real life. I think maybe some folks need a reality check. Any of this make sense?
Thank you all again for making this an excellent & thought provoking thread. Please feel free to comment further if you wish.

Cheers Sliver. :wink:

It's an interesting thought Sliver, but it has just occured to me from reading your post that I would rather watch the mundane on tv (say an American gent in a tartan shirt doing something ordinary like woodworking) than something extraordinary and epoch-making (like 15 Z-list celebs held hostage in a tv studio for a month being filmed non-stop pretending to be kittens or arguing about botox). :wink:

But then maybe I'm just a bit odd...

V.

Latest posts

Back