Crazy World - 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul

I've got all the robins! I see one or two in the garden most days. I was removing some old flower heads from the sedums in my front garden at the weekend and suddenly found I had a robin in close attendance. And I mean close. He was well within touching distance most of the time and would dart in and grab anything tasty as I disturbed the leaf litter.

Regards.

Evergreen":2krqozka said:
I've got all the robins!

Well can I have mine back, please :lol: There are normally two or three in my garden most of the time and, as you say, they follow you around whenever you are working in the garden - they're quite cheeky :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I think it's the roses coming into bloom that bothers me... :shock: Oh, and Paul? We also have some of your robins I think. You haven't lost any coal **** as well, have you? We seem to be knee-deep in the blighters this year and can't keep up with the bird feeder demands! :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":1le3w9dy said:
Oh, and Paul? We also have some of your robins I think. You haven't lost any coal **** as well, have you? We seem to be knee-deep in the blighters this year and can't keep up with the bird feeder demands! :roll:

Not sure that I know what a coal tit looks like :oops: :oops: I'll have to have a Google for that. Found it http://www.rspb.org.uk/birds/guide/c/coaltit/index.asp I'll keep my eyes open and see if we have any - there are so many varieties of ****, its hard to keep up with it all.

Paul

My daffodils have been growing out of the ground since 6th January - just in time for those nasty frosts we are getting this week :(

Andrew

Since we have been putting out sunflower seeds in the seed feeder we have aquired a flock of Gold Finches, very rarely saw them before very pretty,
Oh and we have some Robins

Nigel

Paul Chapman - Here's one I found earlier you can have :lol:

ylbso3.jpg

there's a couple more on my photo site.

We have some birds in our garden no idea what they are apart from the feathered kind. We also have a lot of plants and some flowers although most of them look like bits of twig at the moment. My six Cordyline plams are still looking good though despite the frost. Do you gather I haven't got the faintest idea about gardening or birdwatching? But ask me about woodwork. :lol:

Greenfield Bob":u3aoqat4 said:
Well I just went and looked it up. I thought somebody was kidding.
Anyway pretty bird.

Hi Bob,

We have a couple of nesting boxes for them - they are really delightful to watch :D

Paul

Bizarrely we've had a sudden rash of bull-, chaff- and greenfinches this winter, but the Goldfinches have disappeared. One year we had a Firecrest turn up with all the assorted **** (pardon the expression), which was a bit of a thrill - and are they tiny! Could have sworn I saw the Blackcap again the other day too. Must admit I wasn't much of a garden bird person until after I became a parrot owner; I find I can appreciate them more 'cos I have a slightly better idea of what birds do. Although I'm jealous as hell of folks in parts of the world where the garden birds are humming birds and such - when we get one of those I'll really, really start worrying...

Cheers, Alf

I find that birds are really excellent entertainment. We have a large garden with lots of trees and shrubs so it attracts lots of different birds. Last year my wife bought a water feature (posh term for a bowl with gravel, water and some plants that died :cry: ). All the birds have adopted it for their daily bath and we can see it from our kitchen window. It's interesting to watch their behaviour. There is definitely a pecking order in the bird world. The first to use it are the large ones who bomb into it like the oiks at the swimming baths who love to splash everyone. All the smaller birds wait patiently in the bushes and venture out in order of size, with all the little **** having their baths last of all. Really fabulous to watch :D

Paul

Back