CORRECT ACCESSORIES FOR METAL PEGBOARD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having just purchased one of these: Seville Classics Garage Steel Peg Board 6ft, 1.83m and Peg Kit

B43DD9CC-1500-4D59-9DDE-BF905E49FE11.jpeg

I’ve already discovered that I probably won’t need some of the hooks, but definitely will need spares of the others. There seems to be a lot of suppliers of pegboard hooks out there but the reviews are shaky (too flimsy, won’t fit etc). I thought I’d email Seville in the US - and this was their rather surprising reply:

“Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, we do not sale the hooks you received with your item separate. Sorry about that, we only sale these hooks Model# WEB232
S-Hooks (Set of 6)
I'm not sure they're compatible with your item though. Sorry about that! I think you might have to check with other suppliers for hooks.”

Has anyone who has this set up found compatible spares?

Last edited:
it is shocking that they can't even tell you if the item they are recomending (ish) fits your board. I would have assumed one of the main benifits of pegboard is that it is modular, for which you need to be able to buy the hooks. Very poor.

This is why I opted away from a pegboard solution in the end, I couldn't find how to buy additional pegs and the boards on the market all seemed to use different accessories. As the OP says, you often buy solutions with an assortment of fittings and there's no consideration of which ones you actually need so you end up paying for useless stuff.

What is the hole diameter and spacing on the pegboard? I had two versions of pegboards for my garage, and the hole pattern was different, so hooks and fasteners from one board wouldn't fit on the other. I had a friend in the States order and ship an assortment of hooks from McMaster-Carr, and these fit one of the boards perfectly, so I kept it and gave the other board to my neighbor.

This might not be much help, but here is the link to the McMaster-Carr site for the hooks.

https://www.mcmaster.com/pegboard-hooks

you often buy solutions with an assortment of fittings and there's no consideration of which ones you actually need so you end up paying for useless stuff.
sounds like multipacks of screws, hundreds of pieces in a size you never use

Back